Skyrim

Any game without its own board.
Sparky
Delta Force

Skyrim

Post by Sparky » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:52 pm

I just bought this game a few days ago and spent about 24 hours straight (or was that 48 hours, I can't even tell anymore) playing it. It's really pretty amazing, and I recognize elements of the game's engine from having played Morrowind, which is two games prior to this. It's for PC, by the way, but I'm playing it on my Windows XP Pro OS partition on this Mac Pro.

What I like most about this is the environment and the gameplay dynamic.

What I like least about it is the clumsy feel of the game engine overall, how it still has that "boxy" feel to it -- it's not a smooth and dynamic feel with the player, but I'm not able to specify at this time how it would be improved. Perhaps one improvement might involve making the jumping-while-moving behavior a little nicer, and revising the collision so you can't scale mountains by "glitching" your way up their near-vertical cliffs. But the view up there is fine... Yet the range of activities you can do in the game, as I've seen so far, is very engaging, and they made it really fun (in a dangerous way) to fight dragons, which you can manage around character levels 11-14. I also like the changes made with the skills, where you don't level the jumping skill anymore (no more leaping over tall buildings with that).

--

If anyone here has read The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, I think The Elder Scrolls' game engine, if tweaked beyond that of its current state with Skyrim, could do really well to bring those series of books to life in computer game format. That's kind of an oxymoron, I know, but this engine has a lot going for it. Combining its features with Halo 1's dynamics would really make that new experience amazing. And combining that new experience with the epic series from Terry Goodkind is certainly something worth throwing $100 at for a copy. That would be extraordinary, to the extent given the state of our current computing tools. That is to say, with better technology and computer science, it would be even more extraordinary, but that discussion would deserve to go under the Programming forum.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: Skyrim

Post by Fonzeh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 am

if your playing skyrim on a pc without mods.

your doing it wrong.

theres animation fix mods, detail enhancement mods, never ending upgradability.

gonao.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:15 am

What fonzie said. if there are any grievances you have with the game, there's almost bound to be someone who had the same problems and maybe even made a mod to fix it!
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Fonzie wrote:if your playing skyrim on a pc without mods.

your doing it wrong.
YOU'RE. YOU'RE DAMNIT.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Amy wrote:
Fonzie wrote:if your playing skyrim on a pc without mods.

your doing it wrong.
YOU'RE. YOU'RE DAMNIT.
DAMMIT. DAMMIT DAMNIT... DAMMIT!
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 am

I just read through this thread and was about to correct fonzie again and then i saw that i already did and it actually made me laugh so hard.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.