Avara, anyone?

Any game without its own board.
Kayar
Delta Force

Avara, anyone?

Post by Kayar » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Tell me someone here must know of Avara. At least some of the more senior members may know. Avara was one of the first (or maybe it WAS the first?) online multiplayer first person shooters. It was developed by Ambrosia, a company that produces games strictly for Mac. Avara is also mod-able, although I myself never modded it. No one plays it anymore, as far as I know, besides perhaps some few from the Avara webboard.
I invite you to check out Ambrosia's site, which has demo versions of its games (including Avara) available for download.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Ayumi
Ranger

Post by Ayumi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:23 pm

The only thing I've played that was made by Ambrosia is EV Nova Image

I think I'll download that again and play... It was pretty fun...

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Eh, Nova isn't that great. What's-his-face the bird guy always comes and shoots you down in the demo version. If I could get the demo without him, I'd be happy :) . Override is good though since the bird guy (still can't remember his name) only takes your money, and just once in a while. I downloaded all these cheat patches and now I own every planet in the game. :rocker:
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig