Zero Hour Mod Updating & other random tidbits

Any game without its own board.
MrMacMan

Zero Hour Mod Updating & other random tidbits

Post by MrMacMan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I'd like to thank the wonderful community i never knew existed -- mac game modding!

So I've started to get read into the community and all the wonderful mods in the C&CG universe (command and conquer generals and its expansion, zero hour), so low and behold -- there are actually mac compatible ones!

I've installed Shockwave and Mideast crisis, and after fiddling with it some (silly file install location), I've got them to work.

Now a few issues I have noticed -- the version of Shockwave you have is .93 and the current one is .95... I also noticed that the version i downloaded for .95 is a .exe file, obviously one that i cannot open... so is there a way i can update your wonderful installer to work/files i can place in the right areas for this to work.

Also, I was really interested in a mod called 'Rise of the Reds'... I have a bunch of files here with what I have no idea what to do with 0ROTR.big... 00000000.016 and 00000000.256, i put it in the data folder but it crashes on launch, so i was wondering for any tips and stuff.

Sorry for being such a newb here and thank all the wonderful people who make these mods great and the wonderful mac community also porting them and making them easily compatible!

Great Job!

-- MrMacMan

edit:
While trying to use the shockwave mod... it shows the new intro/main screen and it seems to have loaded, but when in skrim mode i can't see the new generals that are supposed to be in the game, like they aren't listed... anyone have this problem?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:16 am

Welcome.

Not sure I will be able to help you with the "Rise of the Reds" mod. I haven't seen those number files before, they might be PC files that need to be combined.

Now for the Shockwave update. I've seen that you are registered at Macologist too. The main C&C converter is there but he hasn't been around for sometime now. I've mostly left the C&C mods up to him since I never got the Zero Hour expansion so I couldn't test out the mods. I'll check out the update and I can probably get the files out of the .exe file. If I do that you will have to do the testing.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

MrMacMan

Post by MrMacMan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:43 am

Yeah hehe I've been registering in all the places that seemed worthwhile (mostly here and macologist, but I think an admin needs to admit me before I can post there) :roll:

Thanks for the future extracting... I'll have to ask someone who knows a bit more about the mod why the 'new' generals aren't being listed in the dropdown menu. :?

Thanks for your work Monoman!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:39 pm

You should of gotten an activation email from Macologist then you can post. I'll check into it and see I can get you posting.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

MrMacMan

Post by MrMacMan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Monoman wrote:You should of gotten an activation email from Macologist then you can post. I'll check into it and see I can get you posting.
Thanks a lot Monoman, yeah i checked my email and no activation letter and the forums just tell me it could be one of several things.

thanks,
-- MrMacMan

KingYaba
Operative

Re: Zero Hour Mod Updating & other random tidbits

Post by KingYaba » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:14 pm

MrMacMan wrote: Mideast crisis, and after fiddling with it some (silly file install location), I've got them to work.
Oh wow do tell me how you got this to work.

LAPTOPER
Veteran

Post by LAPTOPER » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 pm

More proof that Monoman is a genius!

LAPTOPER
Life is full of challenges: Modding Halo

A Mac Laptop: $1,200.00
Halo Full: $19.99
Eschaton: A little bit of time
Making shotguns shoot out Master Chiefs, Having a blast with friends, and blowin' up enemies: Priceless

KingYaba
Operative

Post by KingYaba » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Install location help, please?

KingYaba
Operative

Post by KingYaba » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 am

Yea two errors:

After installing the app:

Trying to click the app to play:

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 am

I can't fix that app but to install the mod you want to replace the stock files with the mod files. Make sure keep your stock files so you can move them back when you are done with the mod. Look at the bottom of the readme to see what files get moved and where.

Also, are you running Leopard?

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

ragbar

Post by ragbar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:56 pm

i have lepord.
also a macbook pro.
anyway, can u guys help? i get the same crap message like the guy before.

and yes, i do sometimes use xp. for some reason, a guy must of fell asleep and put two xp disks in a box for a friends computer. i wrote the activation code down and he gave me a disk. i installed it and his disk doesnt work. lol
is it ok to like vista only on the dell one? to tell you the truth its faster than any mac ive used....
but not as fast as xp on my mac

KingYaba
Operative

Post by KingYaba » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 am

Scratch that. I'm going to try this again.