Command And Conquer Generals Explosion Graphics

Any game without its own board.
CACG Fan

Command And Conquer Generals Explosion Graphics

Post by CACG Fan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:04 pm

I have had C&C Generals for quite a while now. It is a great game, and I'm sure the people who have it agree. The problem I'm having is with the explosions. I've been fiddling with the settings, and sometimes I can get the real intended explosions when I am really zoomed in or the explosion takes place on the far edge of the screen. But whenever I look at it directly, most of the time it's just a glowing white ball instead of an explosion. This is really driving me up the wall, I had this game for windows and it had the same problem. It's not just explosions either; smoke coming out of a smokestack disappears as soon as I look at it, and so does the dirt kicked up by vehicles. Any smoke-related graphic disappears or is very diluted. I am asking you which settings should I choose to make the graphics work their proper, intended way. Is there a specific custom setting I have to make, or something I need to install?

Thank you, any help appreciated.

-JC

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Command And Conquer Generals Explosion Graphics

Post by Monoman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 am

I haven't play this game in awhile but I do remember having the white explosions. I never found a solution. My graphics card and computer were on the low end for that game so as long as it ran and was playable, it was fine for me. 8) My guess is since you also had it on the PC version too that this problem is with the game and may not have a solution.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig