Doom 3

Any game without its own board.
Vir2L™
Ranger

Doom 3

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu May 12, 2005 12:50 pm

Scares me everytime I play. :twisted:

I'm afraid of the dark again because of this game.

sheesh
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

striderdm1
Peon

Re: Doom 3

Post by striderdm1 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:21 am

i'll reply, but not cos i'm the biggest doom3 fan ever ( even though i am!:D ) but cos your post looked all sad and lonely with no replies ; )

pixeldaddy

Post by pixeldaddy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:11 pm

Fantastic game, really immersive. To me it really kinda felt I was playing a part in a very scary horror movie. Speaking of movies, I saw Doom the other day, wasn't impressed really but wasn't disappointed either... I guess I was entertained :D what I did feel was odd about the movie is when about 3/4 of the way through how it switches to 1st person mode! was really odd to watch :shock:

edit: just read the date on the first post! may! oops :oops:

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:24 pm

pixeldaddy wrote:Fantastic game, really immersive. To me it really kinda felt I was playing a part in a very scary horror movie. Speaking of movies, I saw Doom the other day, wasn't impressed really but wasn't disappointed either... I guess I was entertained :D what I did feel was odd about the movie is when about 3/4 of the way through how it switches to 1st person mode! was really odd to watch :shock:

edit: just read the date on the first post! may! oops :oops:
ah well, we had to get something going on doom3! ; )

I'll be watching the movie prob in about 2 weeks time. I can't wait! Love the Rock, love action flicks and love doom. Tripple dosage for me : ) Should be great and i've seen clips of that fps mode - i'll be feeling for my kbrd and mouse in the cinema (prob get thrown out shortly afterwards!) lol

If u still play doom3 - download the GTX mod. I'm sure you'll like (if you've a G5)

pixeldaddy

Post by pixeldaddy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:21 am

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'm downloading it now and will have a blast tonight :wink:

He he, ended up having the day of work, so had a little blast just now. Like all the little tweeks, decided I'm gonna try playing through again on nightmare mode with this mod running :D

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:40 am

Great! GTX is a superb mod - i beta test it, so tell me if there's something u don't like or think could do with changing/improving : )

I've got many other mods also. There's some cooool mods to playtest! Though GTX is a great start of course.

btw, u might wanna try out Doom Chronicles... like wow is this good. Let me know how u get on :)

pixeldaddy

Post by pixeldaddy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:24 am

Hey, been enjoying GTX, not come across any problems yet that I could see. Doom Chronicles looks really interesting, squad based combat! I'l be checking that out later :D cheers buddy

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:33 am

great! Glad u like GTX. Don't forget about the X key to toggle the flashlight on/off. I tend to leave it off as it's cheating, but it's handy as a temporary feature in those really dark places.

DC is interesting. Very very awesome total conversion. I helped with both beta testing and mac compiling too fwiw ; )

Check out my url if u like for other d3 mods and TCs. Plus plenty of sp maps to play also. :)
( http://applecrypt.webhop.info/ )

Strider
Last edited by striderdm1 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:44 am

Check out Doom3x - this is a great mod for doom3 and sure does change the look and feel in every good way possible. Probably the best d3 mod out there??

I can upload here (awaiting monomans reply) or just grab the wired client app and download it from applecrypt.

fyi: http://www.vector2.com/gameguy/doom3x/

Strider

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 pm

Are we discussing Doom3 Demo? If so, I would love to learn more on Modding this particular game.

-Syp.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:34 pm

No mate, it's the full doom3 relaese that I meant. tbh i'm not so sure the demo can be modded..

As for the Doom3x release, i uploaded that here if you want to give it a whirl? But there are tons of mods and sp-maps out for doom3, plus quite a few total conversions also. Check out my wired-server if you wanna grab some at random and test out :)

cheers, Strider.

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:49 am

Ah, thanks man. Alright, I'll ask around and see if the demo can be modded and how... I'll downloadDoom3x later. Thanks again

-Syp.

Mad Max
Operative

Post by Mad Max » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:34 pm

yeah the doom3 demo scared the crap outta me LOL.... although..my Frames per second was a little slow... i dunno why... i have a 17" intel mac core duo, with more than enough ram, memory and vram to cope with doom3. Is my frames per second prob cause doom3 is not UB??

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:17 pm

Yea, your framerates would be low since Doom 3 isn't UB and would have to run in Rosetta.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mad Max
Operative

Post by Mad Max » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:37 am

goddamn it.... ;( i can run Halo fine in rossetta no graphical lag or frame rates per second lag.. why should Doom 3 be lagging... i don't get it?