Sabre Team 1.3

Special Operations Group

Moderator: Vir2L™

SiP
Peon

Sabre Team 1.3

Post by SiP » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:00 pm

I haven't explored the offerings of this mod in full yet; but, I do know that I has some really difficult missions to offer.

http://www.streamload.com/ariochs/EL/5B ... eTeams.sit It also appears to lots of kits - rou ... man alone!
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:02 pm

hmm..that's funny. I tried the link a second time and it did not prompt a load. Anyhow, I have the mod's zip file if anyone wants it via iChat.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:29 pm

There are a few problems with it.

Whoever converted it to Mac didn't do a very good job. They must not know too much about what it takes to convert a reliable version for the Mac audience. I opened it up and found several long file names that need to be changed. Not good. That can cause it to crash multiplayer servers regularly. There is more to conversion than just changing the audio files to aiff.

Another problem I found with it is that there are shades in the missions that if shot will cause the game to crash. Not really a conversion problem but, more of the author/mission scripters problem.

The MOD was created way back in 2002-2003 so it's to no surprise. Alot of modders back than either didn't know about the "shadow bug" or didn't care about it cause they script there campaign/missions for single player use only (shades aren't visible on the hosts side, only clients can see them, shoot them, and crash the game).

Makes more sense now that i have a Sabre Teams 1.3 Light version of the MOD because it was probably a pain in the ass to find and change all the files to convert it for the mac audience.

Everyone thinks just becasue a MOD has missions that it must be multiplayer compatable, and that's just not the case all the time.

I could probably write a book on this topic and tangent off onto other topics that this MOD brings up, but i'll save it for when I publish my novel and can make some $$ off it. hehe. jk.

What I'm gettin at is, be careful while playing with this mod and don't be surprised if the server crashes regularly, because whoever converted it did a half ass job. =)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:50 am

*fingers collar, unbuttoning it*
It looks excellent, but yes, needs a reconverting.