GameRanger now available for PC!

Special Operations Group

Moderator: Vir2L™

SiP
Peon

GameRanger now available for PC!

Post by SiP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey all you SOGsters,

I just logged into GameRanger a moment ago - a place I don't visit nearly as much as I used to and I'm sure all of you can relate - the following message was presented to me. I know that the lot of you don't much prefer the GameRanger scene these days, but I still thought you'd find this recently change to its service - at the very least - interesting.

"Welcome to GameRanger Premium, SiP™. Thank you for signing up.

GameRanger available for PC as well as Mac

Hold onto your seats, this could be a wild ride!

GameRanger is now available for PC as well as Mac. This was the number one requested feature in the recent GameRanger survey.

What this means is you can now continue to use GameRanger on Windows in BootCamp, or in a VM such as Parallels or VMware for older games. You don't need to lose contact with your Mac friends just because you've booted into Windows. There are over 500 PC games already supported, so you can expect this to become popular quickly.

This doesn't automatically mean you can play against PC users with your Mac games. Not all games are compatible, and GameRanger can't help that. The GameRanger website lists the ones that are. At the very least, it means you can keep in contact with your PC friends, and GameRanger will be a more lively place as a result. For the games that are compatible, it means you'll find a lot more people to play against, so it will be easier to find a game.

Now go forth and tell your PC friends to check it out!"
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Re: GameRanger now available for PC!

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Thats pretty sweet actually!

Thanks for posting this, I'm sure a few of us will actually use it now. A lot of us are dual booting into windows now for the newer games that came out, and we also have a few PC only members in the squad, and it might be of interest to them. The one downside is that I don't think a lot of new users will use gameranger because of the new functionality/compatability, but it might draw a crowd of former exclusive Mac Gamers to the application. Who knows though.

Again thanks for the info!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."