Your best GRd moment (or funniest frag)?

Everything about GhRD and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Your best GRd moment (or funniest frag)?

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:01 am

I for one never take my Ghost Recon too seriously, and love it when something funny happens...

Remember that first time you tried to throw a 'nade throw a window only to have it bounce back off the window frame and blow you up?

Or what about your mate who stupidly decided to stand behind you when you were firing a anti-tank rocket?

I love that stuff - I also have a few fond memories when I really played a hot game ...Though I don't have as many of those! LOL

;)

So what is your favourite memory?

To kick you off I have this one; I once was amazed to actually meet up with Monoman (...I'm not worthy...). He was on GameRanger testing out a new mod for GRd he was working on (one that changed the weather as the game went along...freaky!).

Anyway, I actually managed to shoot him (I'm sure he wasn't concentrating!) - I actually jumped out my chair and did a lap of honour round the office!!! How sad is that. :)

...Er, anyway, he kicked my ass after that.

And my funniest memory?: Alway the same one...

When a newbie plays GRd for the first time and runs right out into the middle of the Castle! I love to watch him as the grenades lob in from every direction! LMAO!

You can almost hear them say (before the frag begins): "Hello, where is everybody?...Hello???..." KAAAAAAAA - BBBBOOOOOOOMMMMM - BOOM - BOOM!

;)

I'm sure you can do better.

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:14 am

Mmm, catching sight of an enemy in a hallway, then hiding behind the corner to ambush him with full auto. Then, realizing he was on your team.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:16 pm

I still think its funny when the noobs don't realize no one can hear them when they are dead. The noob is always screaming at a teammate to watchout whole game. :lol:
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:51 am

Here's another personal moment:

A friend of mine is a member of the British Territorial Army - UK equiv. to US National Guard - and quite fancies himself as the military expert.

After looking over my shoulder on several occassions duing the office lunch-time Ghost Recon bashes he insisted he 'would show us a thing or too about tactics'.

So we set him up and got him into a GRd command and conquor game in GameRanger....

The very first game - when we team spawned at the start point - he decided to switch to his anti-tank rocket....And, you guessed it, pulled the trigger while facing the ground.

The resultant explosion killed the team in one go!

My only regret is that we had no observer to do a screen-shot, as our whole team lay in a nice neat circle around the blast aea!

...Not surprisingly the guy is assigned to stores in his army career - I would hate to think that the defence of the western world relied on the likes of him!

;)

P'hi

Post by P'hi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:49 pm

Whenever I pop someone once, wait in the same area, and shoot them again 8 seconds later as they come pelting over for revenge. And again, and again.

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:53 am

LOL - indeed funny...

And it's funny how a game can get 'personal' some times!

This isn't a 'Ghost Recon' story - but it does show how seeking revenge can be the worst thing you can do:

'Joint Operations' (Novalogic) like 'Ghost Recon' uses a system of re-spawning after you have been killed. However, it also uses a system of 'Medics' who can revive the 'killed' if they reach them in time...

The one exception is if the soldier was killed by being knived! (I kid you not!)

Thus knifing is the single most popular way of killing a defender in a bunker, because they can then not be revived by a medic and thus have to wait the usual lenghth of time to respawn.

I did this on one occassion - I raided an enemy bunker and caught an enemy machine-gunner just spawing. So I knifed him! - Then I ran out the bunker, round it and came back in the other door JUST in time to see the same guy spawning again - so I knifed him again!

:)

This happened about a half dozen times!!!

Now the guy could have opted to re-spawn in another bunker further back down the line - but he must have been so annoyed with me that he wanted to spawn in THAT bunker and kill me!

Finally I slipped up - he managed to spawn before I could get back into the bunker (I was under fire), and he ran after me as fast as he could...

What happened next was the funniest thing that has EVER happened to me while playing a tactical FPS...

The machine-gunner took off after me - and I ran as fast as I could round the bunker. Round and round we went, this idiot running after me round the bunker firing off his MG every time he caught sight of me just disappearing round the corner!

:) - All that was missing was the 'Benny Hill' theme tune!

Anyway - this is where his taste for revenge let him down. You see 'Joint Ops' uses a weight based handicap system. The heavier your weapon load the slower you are....Thus I - just carrying a knife and a M4 was slowly catching the guy up (although he didn't know it)...

After 5 or 6 laps round the bunker I ended up BEHIND HIM and had the great satisfation of stabbing him in the ass!

After that he chose to re-spawn elsewhere!

:D

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:11 pm

Heh. If I had a GL, I would've sent one of those into his back, which reminds me:

When Ramone and I play RS coop, some of the mods we use have grenade launchers or antiarmor weapons. We always crack up when a flying explosive slams into the torso of a tango and the terrorist does a flip (wow, alliteration).

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:28 am

This has happened several times - but it happened last night again...

Sometimes laggy host can be funny (no, really!) -

I was playing a LMS, and had set-up on the west wall overlooking the castle grounds when a player started to run from the ruins towards the car in the centre (bad move!)...

I took aim and just started to fire when the lag struck...

The guy disappeared, reappeared back at the ruins, disappeared, reappeared near the car, disappeared, reappeared nearer and nearer, etc, etc...

I didn't know which one of him to shoot!

:)

(The other funny lag one is when you creep up behind someone, have them dead to rights, fire - and just then the lag stricks - and somehow THEY end up shooting YOU!!!! Not very funny when it happens I suppose!)

Howdoimod?

Post by Howdoimod? » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:44 pm

Today we played an Firefight 80 with 4 people.
We were all support.
We were on the Laggin' Wagon to say the least.
We would shoot 100 rounds on a terrorist... and be shot, the terrorist getting away without a scratch.

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 pm

It would have to be a game of Siege that I played in which the host chose to put respawns on infinite and time on 15 minutes. I was on offense. We lost. Not because the team sucked, but rather because the path to the smoke was such that we couldn't advance an inch in 10 years! Instead, all we could do was lay there and kill the defenders over and over for the greater extent of the game.

We got an uber amount of kills, but it all meant not a damn thing in the end! It was great!
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Mad Max
Operative

Post by Mad Max » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:02 pm

my funniest frag ever was when 4 ppl killed each other at the same time it was hilarous LOL me and my team mate were side by side and so were the enemies we were at the ruins and they were inbetween the two houses .

me and my teammate were first to open first we wasted atleast 2 clips (LAG) before they relised where we were, when they did our bullets finally cought up with them but just before that they desicrated us with a hail of bullets LOL :twisted: :lol:

Doc Froyla
Peon

Post by Doc Froyla » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:32 am

My best moment was last week.....
when the hotel manager rushed my new copy
of gr to me.........

Someone had taken the trouble to Really screw up
my mp1 which Crippled everything.....they left
lots of footprints......the IKE says "intruder alert! intruder alert!"
and I finally gave up and ordered a new disc.......

my stuff is in "storage" after we got kicked out of the
San Quentin compound for refusing to be a Right Wing Militants...
they were storing automatic weapons there with the guards....
and I didn't have 50 to throw away.......I tried to Fix the
screwed up mod.........all my .atr's were missing.
After two weeks I gave up and reordered.

The local disc is Out Of Print.
So it costs 50 not 20.
And I'm living in a hotel
so i was worried about delivery.......
but bam 24 hours after ordering the disc
it arrives, hand delivered by the hotel manager....
and the disc is in a box marked "time-sensitive
perishable material: rush to floor"............
I hadn't said I was in an eccentric hotel......
It made quite a splash.

Looks like my half-brother might get
impeached though. I worked on the Atta case.
He was incorrigible.
[/list]