FinnWars

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.
striderdm1
Peon

FinnWars

Post by striderdm1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:21 pm

The final/extended version of FinnWars was recently released. It contains mp of course plus also now sp too! As ever, it was supplied as an EXE but it's now a ZIP at AppleCrypt.

I'm going to upload this zip @ Macologist this weekend so ppl can grab this at faster speeds. Can i upload here @ MGM as I'd like to?? PM details Monoman :)

http://www.finnwars.com/

thanks, strider

striderdm1
Peon

Re: FinnWars

Post by striderdm1 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:03 am

ok, busy thread dis..
anyhow, thanks to Monoman i'm uploading FinnWars here. Should be all done before the day is out. Gulp it's almost a whole GIG! :o

Hope ppl like. . .

Strider

EDIT:
upload now done. . .

Arthur9
Peon

Re: FinnWars

Post by Arthur9 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:25 am

striderdm1 wrote:The final/extended version of FinnWars was recently released. It contains mp of course plus also now sp too! As ever, it was supplied as an EXE but it's now a ZIP at AppleCrypt.

I'm going to upload this zip @ Macologist this weekend so ppl can grab this at faster speeds. Can i upload here @ MGM as I'd like to?? PM details Monoman :)

http://www.finnwars.com/

thanks, strider
But wheres .zip version of FinnWars? On www.finnwars.com? :shock:

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:09 am

He meant he has made a zip version not that there is one at FinnWars. The zip will be posted on MGM soon.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Arthur9
Peon

Post by Arthur9 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:03 am

Monoman wrote:He meant he has made a zip version not that there is one at FinnWars. The zip will be posted on MGM soon.
I cant wait when FinnWars posted on here! :D

Arthur9
Peon

Post by Arthur9 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:10 am

I give some info about FinnWars:

FinnWars is about Finland fighting against The Soviet Union in WWII. The USSR insisted having land areas from Finland to secure Leningrad’s safety in 1939. Finland didn’t agree on these demands and a war begun. The first war between these two happened in 1939-40. The war raged 105 days during wintertime. Finland succeeded in maintaining its independency though losing some areas. The war was named the Winter War.

In the summer 1941 Germany attacked The Soviet Union and asked some assistance from Finland. Finland and Germany were brothers-in-arms though not exactly allies. Germany gained access through Finland with this agreement and Finland had material and military support from Germany. For example Panzerschrecks, Panzerfausts and StugIIIs. Germany was eager to accomplish operation Barbarossa and the Finns wanted areas back that were lost to the Soviet Union in the Winter War. Hitler insisted loyalty from Finland so that it wouldn’t sign a separate peace treaty without Germany’s approval. Finland’s President Ryti gave Hitler his word about Finland not signing peace treaties with USSR when he is President. Ryti resigned in 1944 and Mannerheim took his place. Ryti’s promises didn’t have anything to do with Mannerheim and so a peace agreement was signed in 1944.

The USSR insisted Finland driving all Germans out of Finland after the peace agreement. Since the Germans didn’t leave fast enough, Finland had to force them out with armed force. The battles took place mostly in Lapland and so the war between Finland and Germany was called Lapland War. In 1945 Lapland War was fought and Finland was finally free from wars. Independence was kept though suffering some area losses.
In a nutshell: Finnwars is Winter War + Continuation War + Lapland war

You can ask questions or suggest
your own ideas. #finnwars @ Qnet
or if you want to stay updated for the progress of the mod
You can contact FinnWars team also at team(a)snowflakestudios.net
Replace (a) with @

------------------------

Features:
-Artillery kits
-Realistic tank steering with 4 buttons
-Real winter- and continuation war weapons, vehicles and battlefields
-Dense forests
-Real suits for soldiers
-Finnish shouts
-Destroyable bridges
-over 40 maps
-trenches

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:55 am

yep, the zip was completed yesterday. So as with all bf1942 mods, just place the (two) finnwars folders within your mods-folder. Easy installation...

Sorry about earlier Arthur9, i just gave the link to the finnwars homepage as reference. Sadly, they are daft enough to assume everyone is using a windows machine rather than Mac OS or Linux :(

MGM should be hosting FinnWars soon, i expect Monoman just wants to check it out first..

Strider

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:56 pm

FinnWars has been posted.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

striderdm1
Peon

Post by striderdm1 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:07 pm

Monoman wrote:FinnWars has been posted.
"Converted by Strider" famous at last!! :D ;)

Monoman, if there's anything for BF1942 (from AppleCrypt) that you want here - just ask. I'll upload when i can, ok.
Strider

Arthur9
Peon

Post by Arthur9 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:51 am

Monoman wrote:FinnWars has been posted.
Finally!