Funniest Moments

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.
TychPsych
Peon

Funniest Moments

Post by TychPsych » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:58 pm

What are some of the funniest things that ever happened to you in Battlefield 1942? Whether it be the demo or the full game.

Here are a couple of moments that happened to me. I chose these because these are the only ones I can remember. :wink:

I'm playin Wake Island, and someone kills me at North Base. Then 3 seconds later, it says I killed another guy at Airfield. I wasn't anywhere near the guy who died. So the guy I "killed" asks, "Where were you?" Then I said, "At North Base... and I died before you got killed..." The other guy then says, "Good shot." I laughed so hard then. It may have been funnier if you were there...

Anyway, this is an even better moment.
Once again, I am playing Wake Island. We are playing Raver's building mod and I came up with the idea to "party" on the roof top of the big white building in airfield. So me and 2 other guys parachute onto the roof and start sniping. We are all prone. Then I start pushing Darkraver by crawling into him. Eventually I manage to push him off the edge. Before he hits the ground he lets out parachute and survives. I am laughing so hard as I move backward a bit. Then, to get revenge on me, Dark throws a grenade up there. Instead of killing me, it kills the other guy that was up there. I practicallly fell out of my chair when that happened. .````:)
Pfhor are like women. They are always getting on your nerves.

DarkRaverNL

AHAHAHA

Post by DarkRaverNL » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:09 pm

AHAHAH yea i remeber that one, i wass LMAO to men, wasnt that the host up there who i killed ?? Sword i think it was, it was soo funny :P

BF[NBS] Sword

Post by BF[NBS] Sword » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:29 pm

Yea, that was me :D

wow, this place looks a bit fun, gotta check it out...

hehe, I'm hostin da roof parties all the time now :D

remember when we got four snipers up there? and mac mini was being a team killing asshole, so I kicked him 5 times in one game?

haha, good times, good times

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:28 pm

Another thing happened to me today. It wasn't so much funny as it was rare and amazing. Well, I guess it was pretty funny too. :P

Anyway, I am flying in a plane, I bail out in the air over village, and I notice the empty plane on the beach in my map. I figure it is just about to fall into the water, so I just move on. Then I notice the empty plane is still there on the map, so I wonder, did it land on it's own? I gotta see that if it did. That is a very rare thing to see. So, I grab a jeep and drive over, and the plane is there, not moving or anything, somewhat landed on it's own. It is standing almost straight up on it's own. I got a bunch of screenshots so you can see for yourself what it was like. I will see if I can get Darkraver to put some of my screenshots on his site. Either that or I will use my own site, which is unrelated to Battlefield and pretty much unvisited.

Here is a little taste:
http://amonkeyslife.co.nr/images/bfplane/plane1.jpg

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:39 am

Hahaha. How long did it stay that way?

Also, if you need a place to host the images just upload them to the gallery here. Just click the upload button.

Diner Gallery
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:49 am

Ok, I will upload some more here. If you want them cropped or something to get the size down, I can maybe do that... I will give it a try.

And the plane stayed like that for a long time, until I got sick of staring at it and quit the game to see if my screenshots worked. Suprisingly, it never blew up like other vehicles do when in the wrong place for too long.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:15 pm

You can upload any size image you want. The only limit is on the file size, 3 mb, which is way more than what a screenshot would be.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:29 am

I don't know about funniest but it was definatly pretty cool looking and fun.

I just joined a game that people had been playing for awile (it had alot of good players in it). As soon as I spawned as a jap on the ship the alarm sounded as the boat bigan to sink and when I looked up I saw about 5 planes circling over head (all OPFOR). when the boat sank there was about 7 of up floating in the water.

The Landing craft hadn't surfaced yet (it takes a min for them to bob up) so we were sitting ducks. When looking around at all my team mates I could see big lines of bullets in the water slicing them up like something straight out of a movie. When the crafts did surface everone started to swim towards the same one so I dicided to head for one of the back outs by myself.

It was funny hearing all the "requesting pick up!"s as people scrabbled into the crafts. Unfortunatly before I had even reached my craft the planes had anialated the other ones and everyone around it. THe planes then flew off which left me alone in a craft to cap a spawn so the rest could come back.

In the end I made it ashore un-spotted. Even though the whole time was just watching my team mates swim for their lives only to get shot down it was still very cool to watch.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:27 am

lol that is pretty funny.

This has probably happened to everyone, but I love people without Darkraver's building mod fly into high buildings such as church. It is hilarious. It's like watching birds fly into a window. :)

DarkRaverNL
Peon

Post by DarkRaverNL » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:43 am

Yes i love that to, specialy the windmill, thats the most common object people crash into, and not only the ones who dont have the BuildingMod ;)