Battlefield 2 - the fiasco!

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Battlefield 2 - the fiasco!

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:55 pm

LOL...

Well, guys - thought I would update anyone who is interested about the new 'killer game' Battlefield 2 that everyone has been talking about.

I've been playing since the first day of release in Europe (2 weeks now?), and there are a whole lot of issues that reflect badly on EA Games.

The Fiasco started when everyone realised what a complete pile of crap the server interface was! It's badly thought out and designed, clunky and sometimes just plainly doesn't work!

The filter system doesn't work - which makes it a pain to try and meet your mates up online for a game - typically when you do try to meet up there is a half an hour of messing about trying to locate a server that you can all get into, and even when you think you have 9 times outa 10 the server is full before half of you get in...

Then there is the ridiculous 'auto balance' which desides itself who is gonna be in what team half way through a game!

One minute you are playing the USMC with your mates - next you are shunted over to the other side.

But the biggest problem must be the lack of ranked servers (servers which support EA game's ranking system which is a central part of the game).

There are a huge amount of issues - memory leaks, patches that don't work, lag, clunky game admin system - and I could go on...BUT...

The biggest disappointment is that this all detracts from what is basically a VERY good game!

Once in (assuming you have the right spec PC and a fast connection) it's fantistic to play.

To be honest there is a very good chance that when GhR3 comes along it may piss all over BF2 - I just hope the GhR3 developers are watching teh BF2 fiasco and learn by EA's mistakes.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:41 am

I do agress with you on the server filters and the memory leaking patch. I was lucky to read some stuff on the patch so I didn't install.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:32 am

The filter problem is the exact same thing in America's Army 2.3

I used to have friends when I went online. Hell, I used to be in a clan. I have only seen 2 people I remember from the 2.1 days.
Pfhor are like women. They are always getting on your nerves.