Problems with the demo

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.
Dark uk
Operative

Problems with the demo

Post by Dark uk » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:41 am

I've recently been having problems with the demo which never happened before.

Now:
*I can barely ever switch weapons becasue it keeps switching it back.
*Sometimes the planes wont go forward ever though I'm pressing forward and the rutter is spinning.
*Parachute has the same problem as the weapons it keeps closing as soon as I open it.
*When I turn to the right it always jumps the aimer to the left by like 100 pixels.
*The game has become more stuttery

If I didn't know better I would them all down to lag and that I couldn't handle the game but the thing is that none of these things ever happened for the first month or so of the demo and now they happen every game without fail.

I have reinstalled twice and done countless repair permissions...Is there any thing else I can try?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:46 am

The weapon switch this is lag. I get that alot on laggy servers. I haven't run into those other problems. Have you installed anything big lately? I know that when I have at very little space left on my hard drive that games will start acting weird.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:51 am

Not that I know of, I have 7Gb left on my drive. Every other game works fine. Also the thing with it just being put down to lag, I'm not sure thats it because back in the day when it worked fine I used to play on Ethion's server without ANY lag at all. The other day I played in his room with 1 other person and all the things on that list happened.

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:23 am

Well, lag has caused the weapon problem, the parachute problem, and the aimer problem for me but I guess this might not be the case for you.

Have you tried running a fsc on your computer? Don't try it until you know exactly how to do it or it could really screw up your computer.
Pfhor are like women. They are always getting on your nerves.

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:00 am

I don't even know what an fsc is :shock: .

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:44 am

It is a unix command that checks your computer and fixes it if anything is wrong. I really suggest you look it up before you try it.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:35 pm

Here is an some info about fsck from Apple. I'm not sure if it will work since the problems seem to be only with BF and nothing else.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:48 am

When a problem comes along, you must fsck it! Fsck it! Into shape! Shape it up! It's not too late! :P

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:53 pm

Just when I was beginning to believe that this problem was my imagenation and that it was just laggy servers I got pissed off at the music in the BF menu so I went to turn it off. I turned off the music and wile in the sound menu I decided I would lower the sound quality to maybe give me afew fps and somehow its to have fixed the whole problem. I'd forgotten what it was like to play normally again but it was great.

So yeah, must have been something to do with the sounds.

TychPsych
Peon

Post by TychPsych » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:39 am

Hooray! :)

DArkRaver.net

Post by DArkRaver.net » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:39 am

Demo, demo is set to 11khz sound, u cant raise/lower the quality, u mean full BF ?

?mike?
Ranger

Post by ?mike? » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:56 am

i had these problems too but it doesn't matter now stupid gameranger made the battlefield 1942 demo, yes the DEMO, for premium members only!!!!!!! :x