A few questions ...

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

A few questions ...

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am

1. How do I break the reloading animation for the AR so that it reloads instantly? (I want the ammo counter on the HUD (not on the gun) to show the ammo left, not ammo spares, and I'm making a weapon that's supposed to not have easily replaceable spare clips.)

2. How do I make different vehicles spawn randomly at the same spot? (I'm thinking I could use the place where the overshield/active camo spawns and then swap the overshield and AC to spawn vehicles.)

3. How do I make vehicles flip when they hit the ground, not before? (Something to do with phys, I think. I tried search, and I do know how to make them flip all the time.)

kiddten
Commando

Re: A few questions ...

Post by kiddten » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:02 am

1: check the antr tag, there might be something useful.
2: that would work, but it would keep spawning vehicles.
3: dunno.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Falabmaja The 2nd wrote:.
This is true BUT also, it would probably cause the freaky invisible moving vehicle glitch, unless I'm wrong...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Falabmaja The 2nd wrote:1: check the antr tag, there might be something useful.
3: dunno.
1: I tried. There's a part for it, but I don't seem to see anything there I could edit.
2: That's supposed to be the idea, endless waves of vehicles, because they're to spawn AIs.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:17 pm

then yes, that would work.
a better way would to be a weapon shooting the vehis, it's more efficient and has a greater chance of it landing upside down.
of course, that would lose the random vehis.

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:30 am

fer question 1: go to the AR weapon tag, navigate to the antr by double clicking.

in starter plugins, go to reflexives > fps weapon > fps weapon 1 > reflexives > fps weapon-animations

Go to fps weapon-animations 08 and 09

You should see a the thing say 'first person reload - full'
Now edit it to 'first-person firing', if you're asking 'but why not put it to 'none selected'?', here's the answer, if you put it to none selected, it automatically defaults to the first one, which is firing. Oh yea. Another thing, if you change this, you cannot change it back. o_o

fer ammo counter: You can either make it show the loaded ammo, that's the ammo in the clip. Or you can make it show the spare ammo. You can't make it the total ammo left.

If you want to edit the one with the numbers (that one shows the total ammo left) go to wphi : ui/hud/master rounds
If you want to edit the pictures of the bullets on below the number (the one that shows ammo left in your current clip) go to weapons/assault rifle/assault rifle

Then go to reflexives > number elements > number element 1 > Enum16s

look for 'state attached to'
edit that one
'total ammo' for spare ammo
'loaded ammo' for ammo in clip
'Heat' is how close you are to overheating (plasma weapons)
'age' is how much battery plasma weapons have left
'secondary weapon total and loaded ammo' is the total and loaded ammo of your secondary weapon... i wouldn't know why would anyone use that...
'distance and elevation to target' is the numbers you see on the sniper scope while sniping.

PS. if you edit /master rounds that will apply for all of the ballistic weapons.

Fer the other questions: i dunno. i'm not a vehicle guy. :P

EDIT: good lord... did i just invent a new way to cheat? faster reload... o_O

deadly vision
Veteran

Post by deadly vision » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 am

2301. what do you mean by flip when they hit the ground? what i would do is change the weight down a little. and for question 2, you might want to rip one of those empty ITMC packs with like 9-20 slots in them. that wouldnt probably cause as major lag as a whole bunch at the same time, but i reccomend destructible vehicles(campagin or ce)

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:21 am

deadly vision wrote:2301. what do you mean by flip when they hit the ground? what i would do is change the weight down a little. and for question 2, you might want to rip one of those empty ITMC packs with like 9-20 slots in them. that wouldnt probably cause as major lag as a whole bunch at the same time, but i reccomend destructible vehicles(campagin or ce)
How would changing the weight help? and the dude already was going to use the overshield / invisibility. his way wasn't going to spawn everything at the same time, it would only cause the invisible vehicles glitch, your way of doing it will also cause the glitch.

Fer question 3: you might wanna go to the physics tag of whatever vehicle you wanna edit. then go to floats. change the 'center of weight z'

0 for no flip
1 for flip

not sure if that helps...

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:35 am

@ Pie, about the HUD stuff: Thanks! That should probably go into a tutorial or something!
deadly vision wrote:2301. what do you mean by flip when they hit the ground? what i would do is change the weight down a little. and for question 2, you might want to rip one of those empty ITMC packs with like 9-20 slots in them. that wouldnt probably cause as major lag as a whole bunch at the same time, but i reccomend destructible vehicles(campagin or ce)
http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=12852

Something like the above mod, although it'd be better if it could completely disappear. I don't seem to see any explanation on how that was done.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:39 am

that uses the vehicle hit environment jpt!.
look at that, but it doesn't work to well.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 am

Falabmaja The 2nd wrote:that uses the vehicle hit environment jpt!.
look at that, but it doesn't work to well.
Is there a way to make it work better? I'm trying to make a situation where a dropship will spawn in the sky, floats down, and if you're fast enough and have sufficiently powerful weapons you can blow up the Spirit and all it's troops before it lands.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 am

for making vehicles flip, just change center of mass-y to 1. (robiysons plugins or something like that for direct word by words.)
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:46 am

Frinîk wrote:for making vehicles flip, just change center of mass-y to 1. (robiysons plugins or something like that for direct word by words.)
I know that - I want it only to flip when it hits the ground or gets close to the ground, not before. The above method will keep the vehicle flipped whenever possible.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 am

Scripting, the engine doesn't allow that kind of specifications without scripting.

inb4 dirk says yes
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:47 am

Then what does the mod referenced above do? I thought it was confirmed that scripting wasn't used and couldn't possibly have been used in an MP map, but the AI's still fell out ....