how to spawn ai with vehicles (the easy way)

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: how to spawn ai with vehicles (the easy way)

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 am

import the model. Click "import" then "wavefront(OBJ)"
if you want me to copy a great tut i still use i saved to my computer when im back on i can copy it. it is in no way mine. i found it in one of the older topics, you need,
HMT, OBJ converter, wings 3D/modeling app, demo hack, and a model. if you have trouble with a vehicle than ask me for my method
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 am

Actually my l4d mod allows modders to extract the itmc tag "Spawner" which will allow them to not only spawn how many AI they want at one time, but also allow them to have the AI respawn at their own modified times. AI has been perfected my friend, thank you for at least looking yourself though, many people just go HOW DO I SHOT AI? well done lol.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

ninosmr

Post by ninosmr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:14 pm

could you use this method to mod bsps?

duffman2113

Post by duffman2113 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:36 pm

someone please help me! I figured out how to spawn AIs doing the whole invisible vehicle with no collision thing by myself, but I can't figure out how to make friendly AIs in bloodgulch! I use Eschaton and have tryed this on version 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 but it doesn't work. If you change the default team of a bipd in campaign, it works, but in multiplayer they always try to kill you. I know there is a way to do this, and if it requires other programs, I have them thanks to Fronzy's map pack.

Also, does anyone know how to import custom weapon models that were created in blender? I've been trying to do it using OBJ Converter, but it is not working.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TJHagStudio

xbox live gamertag: duffman2113

>!!<

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm

AI's cant be friendly on multiplayer

how to import custom models(not by me)

Requirements:
Wings 3D/blender
OBJConverter
HMT
A custom model from Wings 3D/blender (or a downloaded model, etc.)

First open HMT and any map (such as bloodgulch), if it is a demo map use Demo Header to swap the header.

Click the carrot that says mod2 and then save the meta that you want your custom model to replace in HMT (I’m using the ghost model).

Open OBJConverter and open the map (bloodgulch) and the .meta you saved.

Click Geometry 0 and Export to OBJ.

Now open Wings 3D and open the custom model and export it to a .obj file.

Then open wings 3d again and import both the custom model and the original model. (Do this if the model is not made from the original; it wont look right otherwise)

Adjust the model to the right size so that it fits correctly so when MC uses it, it doesn’t look screwed up.

Delete the original model.

Select the model, click on the completely red pyramid above, right-click=>Invert (this will fix "holes" in the model). Then click on the one red side and right-click=>tessellate=>triangulate (this will allow Halo to shade the model).

Export it once again and have the same name as the old .obj file and replace that one.

Now that you have a fresh working custom model go back to OBJConverter and go to Geometry 0 and change all of the parts’ vertices and indices numbers to 0 except for the part with the most verts and inds so find that part first. It is usually 0 or 1, if one has more verts but less inds just use one; it doesn't really matter.

Now go to the one whose verts and inds are not 0 and click update offsets.

Now click OBJ on the top and find the .obj file you made a little while ago. It will split into .vertices and .indices.

Now go back to the parts and press attach. And find both of those files (.vertices and .indices).

Now press save and name it temp (default) but once you save it change the name to temp.mod2.meta (You must rename it .meta!).

Now go to Misc. on the bottom tabs and press append models and find those two files again.

Quit OBJConverter for good (phew), and open HMT .75 with the same map.

Before you inject the meta highlight LoD 1 (which is the same as geometry 0 so if you used geometry 1 then you’d click LoD 2 but since you have used geometry 0 to make your model choose #1).

Now, inject the meta (with LoD 1 still highlighted) press Append Raw in the "Tag Specific." Find your .vertices and .indices one last time. Make sure you don mix those two files up, it lets you do that now.

Press "Save Offsets" (a must). When the button becomes clear again quit HMT, or it will crash and possibly mess up your map.

If it is a demo map, use Demo Hack to convert back to demo header.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

duffman2113

Post by duffman2113 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm

omg thank you! it worked! this was a huge help!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TJHagStudio

xbox live gamertag: duffman2113

>!!<