Halo 2

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

Re: Halo 2

Post by 002 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 pm

List of tags used in Halo 2's Beavercreek (obtained from hexedit):

http://halodemomods.com/mediawiki/image ... rcreek.txt
If you read the list, "masterchief" is used instead of "cyborg". They've taken out the "gravity rifle" and all of the powerups associated with it.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Sparky wrote:The Halo 2 engine doesn't normally allow dual-wielding of weapons where you see both hands holding the first weapon in first-person view, unless it's an SMG. But sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and swords aren't dual-wieldable.
Without modding.
It's because the weapons are connected to the hand bones, the top grip of the second duel weilded weapon tries to connect where the hand should've been.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:49 am

Converting would take a truckload of effort, but I suppose it can be done. For me, it's not something to set as a goal for this year, though. I already have enough Zeus on my plate >.<
Something like "globals\glass" would need to be combined with other tag type data to construct new "point physics (pphy)" for glass, for example. It's like undoing all the engine improvements that Bungie made in the first place. Maybe we can just start modding Halo 2.... haha.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:47 am

Sparky wrote:Converting would take a truckload of effort, but I suppose it can be done. For me, it's not something to set as a goal for this year, though. I already have enough Zeus on my plate >.<
Something like "globals\glass" would need to be combined with other tag type data to construct new "point physics (pphy)" for glass, for example. It's like undoing all the engine improvements that Bungie made in the first place. Maybe we can just start modding Halo 2.... haha.
It's actually a lot of fun, but just so much more work.
We can do more in demo than you can there.