Swordedit : Starlight 2.0

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Samuco
Peon

Swordedit : Starlight 2.0

Post by Samuco » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I have fixed up a few bugs in starlight. This is the most stable version I have (I haven't actually checked if it saves a map yet, but it should). This version does not contain any memory modding, it is a simple map editor ;)

Program: http://www.mediafire.com/?y2zdepygd2p4n8p

@Sparky
Source: http://www.mediafire.com/?4yw83vmhgzseb6i
Last edited by Samuco on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiddten
Commando

Re: Swordedit : Starlight 2.0

Post by kiddten » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Sounds good. I'll give it a test later.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 pm

no saving XP
looks great tho. fixed the loading i see. also great job on fixing the select from a distance! and also, would AI support (single player) be possible?
but i find myself liking that UI.
keep up the good work
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 pm

So, what exactly is fixed in this version? I notice that the warthog will still only show the turret. Any chance you could fix that?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:51 pm

it didnt load the map in the previous
also i still have to demo hack for single player >_< fix?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 pm

The previous version worked fine for me except that moving more than five objects at once caused a kernel panic, and the most of the regular warthog would not appear.

I do like how you can now change the bitmaps.map file you want it to load. That's a nice new feature. Keep up the good work.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:30 pm

It's very fast, even on the slow computer I'm using.

What do the extra buttons in the camera window do? Are they unused?

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 pm

When you have the map loaded in swordedit while playing a match online, those buttons will allow you to jump to the exact positions of certain players on the map.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:50 pm

So they're unused in the second version which does not have memory modding, right?

By the way, there's a glitch that occurs when you duplicate an original item, then move the new duplicate. When you move that, the original will move parallel with it as if they were both selected. When you duplication the second one and move the third, the first will still move with the third in parallel. When you finally select the first one, the glitch goes away.

I think it's just me because nobody else experiences this.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 pm

You mistakenly posted the application link where the source code link should be.

002, I remember that from a while ago. Does the first object remain in appearance as selected?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Sparky wrote:You mistakenly posted the application link where the source code link should be.
Again?!
Sparky wrote:002, I remember that from a while ago. Does the first object remain in appearance as selected?
No.

Mordred

Post by Mordred » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I found that several of the bugs that have always annoyed me still exist.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I think I know why it does that.

When you duplicate an object, a new object is selected and the original object does not appear to be selected, right? Actually, the program only got rid of the box, it did not deselect the object. That object is still selected.

That doesn't explain why non-originals (things that were made from duplicating) don't have this issue when you duplicate from them.
Last edited by 002 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:would AI support (single player) be possible?
Maybe. I want to finish my PDF editor before I do any more work on it
>Shadow< wrote:So, what exactly is fixed in this version? I notice that the warthog will still only show the turret. Any chance you could fix that?
Try setting the detail to the minimum value.
Sparky wrote:You mistakenly posted the application link where the source code link should be.
Oops... Fixed ;|
Mordred wrote:I found that several of the bugs that have always annoyed me still exist.
Which ones?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Feature request: adjustable maximum rendering distance. For example, when you move away from a bloodgulch map terrain, it disappears after a certain distance. The "world view clipping distance" would be nice to be able to adjust. (In Zeus, this will by default be the maximum clipping distance used in the game, which typically amounts to about 1.5 km, if I remember correctly.

>Shadow< wrote:So, what exactly is fixed in this version? I notice that the warthog will still only show the turret. Any chance you could fix that?
Go under the Rendering controls and change Detail level to 0, then the mg warthogs will show up as they should.

Feature request: manual camera coordinates, so we can say, "ok, now I want the camera to be positioned at precisely 500 world units above the terrain (using xyz coordinates)", in other words, so we can type into the z coordinate for the camera "500" and have the camera repositioned there. This would also be neat in revealing secret areas, we can refer to them by "starlight coordinate". This also makes map size comparison charts simple to make. The camera speed slider is extraordinarily helpful, by the way!

Feature request: Save As

Also, 002, I didn't get that duplication glitch. Instead, it seems that I couldn't select anything after duplicating something while "move/translation" controls were active.
1. select an item
2. switch to Move controls
3. duplicate
4. can't select anything!

Fix: right click

Feature request: even slower camera movement so that we can edit small maps like beavercreek much easier, make the camera speed slider value adjustable to an even lower rate of speed.

Feature request: render skybox models also, so we can see the position of objects the sky
Last edited by Sparky on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.