Sparky's Bitmaps and Sounds Collection v0.9.1 "Sandy Beach"

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sparky's Bitmaps and Sounds Collection v0.9.1 "Sandy Bea

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:41 pm

To me, it appears a beige or pale peach color, a skin tone. Those are, after all, photographs of actual sand taken while on the local beach, east coast New Jersey, USA.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Wow, ok. I'm kinda used to beaches looking like this:
That beach is awesome.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 pm

This is the type of sand... also, the shade is hard to get right, because it's being tinted by the blood ground bitmap that I had to make gray (50%) in order to neutralize the brown shade of the dirt-ish bitmap.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

wow that looks like marthas vineyard
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

Bunneh wrote:nice HD image
I've seen those bitmaps and textures before...blasphemy.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Cronos Dage wrote:
Bunneh wrote:nice HD image
I've seen those bitmaps and textures before...blasphemy.
no. not mine. i took them myself in Michigan and New Jersey.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:11 am

Typical aussie beach.. taken from the top of the Q1. Make this.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:28 am

Ok, Mota, if you want that, then here's what I will need you to do: With a camera in hand while standing on the beach, aim the camera down and take a picture of the sand, then send me the RAW image of that picture (I don't want to use JPEGs because they are lossy in quality). The picture should be at the highest resolution available on that camera, which is probably around 4000 x 4000. Upload the picture file to mediafire, filefront, HDM, wherever, then send me the link and I will make it tilable and include it -- with your name in the tag -- in the collection.

That offer is open to anyone who has access to a digital camera and a material that can be tiled. I've gone through hundreds of my own photos (and photos taken by my dad) in Michigan, and so I already have a nice collection. However, I'm interested in additional photos of Ice and Metal, since these two are the most difficult to find and make tilable.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 am

I can see if I can get some metal source images for you.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:15 pm

I prefer images that you take with your own camera and send to me. That way, I know they are not doctored.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. I probably can't get much more than various sheet metal but I'll try.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 am

I am a boilermaker so I can get a heap of pictures off steel at work just name the sort.. rusty or what ever and galvanised. I can take some with my iphone at work but mm don't think I can take a camera only have dads expensive ones. The iphone does a pretty ;large resolution picture on iphoto and I believe has the option to do that save the RAW also.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:20 am

Wow, that's amazing, and I appreciate that.

I found an example of the ridged steel found on back-end loaders pulled by tractors (the ridges provide traction for boots when walking along the sides), but I'd like a larger-resolution picture of that.
I'm also looking for actual catwalk metal. You might see this type of metal on park benches or woven metal stairs if not as an actual catwalk.

I don't know how much you guys want do be doing with this, but if you want to help even more than taking photos, then you can do something like what I was doing when recording sounds. I wore boots, held an audio recorder down facing the ground, and gathered samples of me walking, running (or walking quickly), jumping up and down, and shuffling on the material that I took a photo of. Only thing I'd warn is that you should make sure that you don't fall off and hurt yourself while doing this, particularly while jumping up and down on it. Rocks, Ice and Metal are slippery.

By the way, the sliding reference of the sound tags are not used with bipeds. When you turn around, you hear the shuffling reference of the sound tag. When you jump, you hear the jump_up, then the jump (which is what I call the jump_land) references. The walk sound reference is used while the player is crouching and moving in any direction. The run sound reference is used while they are moving normally moving in any direction. Footstep sounds only play normally when the feet have made solid impact upon the ground. While walking over hilly terrain, you might find the footstep sounds are not heard while overtaking a slope, because the feet lift off the ground briefly because of the speed at which the spartan is running, similar to a vehicle lifting off the ground while going over a hill. This can be adjusted by slowing the player speed or increasing the ground friction (not sure if the latter is only with vehicle physics).

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't have the equipment to record sound sorry S:
I will do my best to get some metal photos sometime soon.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Sparky wrote:Wow, that's amazing, and I appreciate that.

I found an example of the ridged steel found on back-end loaders pulled by tractors (the ridges provide traction for boots when walking along the sides), but I'd like a larger-resolution picture of that.
I'm also looking for actual catwalk metal. You might see this type of metal on park benches or woven metal stairs if not as an actual catwalk.

You mean checker plating?

We got that cause we have some stairs for the current building we are making but its more rusty coloured although there probably some painted with grey primer out the back of the shed and I'm not sure what you mean by the first one but I can have a look.. googled tractors do you mean the side steps to get up and down? and yea if you can post a picture of what you mean to.. preferably within 12 hours cause yea I was going to take them for you before the weekend.