Extending the Life of Halo Modding

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Extending the Life of Halo Modding

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:45 am

That image was captured using pirated software. LOL. just kidding.

But for the women, there is Louise.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:49 am

I don't use PC, I use Mac.
What is the difference?

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 pm

I come from the future, where Lion is a piece of crap and apple is doing nothing about it
they moved EVERYTHING i cant find any of the folders that i need to find anymore
they made it like PC *gasp*
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 pm

I agree. I have to reenter serial keys every time I start a legit or illigit app. not completly lions fault but still aggravating.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 am

So, uh, any significant progress? o_o
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:13 pm

It has been figured out how Halo generates CD new keys, but that won't help much when it comes to online multiplayer. I can speak for myself and Modzy that we've been busy and have just not had the time to do much lately, but progress is steady.

Lion is fine, in fact, much better than previous OS's in my opinion. (You can always unhide ~/Library [use google], or use go to folder in Finder, or Terminal, the reason it is hidden is because why would the normal user want to go in there? Other than that, I don't know what they 'moved.' Oh, and don't respond to this here unless you're also going to contribute something significant and appropriate to this thread.)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 pm

nil wrote:(You can always unhide ~/Library [use google], or use go to folder in Finder, or Terminal, the reason it is hidden is because why would the normal user want to go in there? Other than that, I don't know what they 'moved.'
Yeah I posted a tip on how to do that. But yeah I realized it was my fault somehow when moving my old library into this computers it messed up some key files. more work for me. And ok lets hope this gets done in a resonable amount of time.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

{DS}Darren

Post by {DS}Darren » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 am

Jesus.......when's the dam fix for Halo Demo coming out for Lion. I am seriously considering downgrading or running Snow Leopard as a virtual machine. Screw the ethical crap and make it god dam work. Should I continue to wait or should I install Snow Leopard on my system? Please give me an estimated time frame of when the fix will be available. Thank you!

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 am

Downgrade to Snow Leopard or stop bitching. These people are doing something more complicated than your tiny little brain can handle.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Ghosts: ssssigh, how can you call yourself a white knight if you are this bellicose! This man clearly is desperate! How can you blame him for being this nervous!?

Darren: Yeah, uh, I understand how stressed you might be, but consider that this people is doing this fix for free and only for the sake of modding. They have other things to attend to in life too! So this fix, if it will ever be completed, will have to take its time.
For the time being, if you really want to play Halo Demo so bad, then try downgrading to/emulating snow leopard and play it there. :-\

PS: i think we screw'd the ethical crap a long time ago. :P (read the whole thread next time?)
Also, i want to bet for the fix's completion to happen innn… a month and a half! :shock:
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Modzy wrote:I have been looking into the possibility of altering the game to contact a server other than gamespy. The new server would have to be 11 characters long, including its .com/.net. And research would have to be done involving what is sent and received from the gamespy server. If the latter research can be accomplished, it would be very possible to host a server list on and alternative master server. Thus removing the need for CD key checks.
would it be possible to have the game connect to gamespy's halo demo server?

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:45 pm

OH MAH GOSH.
Can we connect to Halo Trial?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 pm

zapconquest wrote:
Modzy wrote:I have been looking into the possibility of altering the game to contact a server other than gamespy. The new server would have to be 11 characters long, including its .com/.net. And research would have to be done involving what is sent and received from the gamespy server. If the latter research can be accomplished, it would be very possible to host a server list on and alternative master server. Thus removing the need for CD key checks.
Way to state what is obviously a brilliant idea. [:)
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

zapconquest wrote:
Yes, we've already got it to use the mac demo list. However, the CD key is still an issue. Note that just because it is using the demo list, does not mean you will see demo servers or be able to join them. Demo and this patch are different net versions, with different netcode, and so will not communicate with each other.