Halo Demo Universal Binary - The Silent Cartographer?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

aidancbrady

Halo Demo Universal Binary - The Silent Cartographer?

Post by aidancbrady » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:10 am

Hey everyone. Yeah, I have OS X Lion, and I just downloaded the Halo Demo UB build. Unless I'm missing something, it won't let me play the Silent Cartographer mission. Is this done purposely?
Thanks.

-Aidan

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Halo Demo Universal Binary - The Silent Cartographer?

Post by nil » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:33 am

Well first of all, you should be using HaloMD: http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=18061

If "Halo Demo UB build" you talk of refers to HaloMD, you're fine.

It seems like I can't play the Silent Cartographer mission, however. This isn't intentional. It'll likely be fixed in an update once I figure out why it's not working.. Then again, single player isn't my highest priority.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:36 am

Ok, thanks. I downloaded my version from http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Halo_Demo_UB.zip, I guess HaloMD is the way to go. And please fix the map soon, it's fun to play the campaign every once and a while ;)

Thanks for the quick response,

-Aidan

aidancbrady

Post by aidancbrady » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:58 am

By the way, what happened to banshees? They aren't on Bloodgulch anymore.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:20 am

aidancbrady wrote:By the way, what happened to banshees? They aren't on Bloodgulch anymore.
Like the full version, banshees don't appear on bloodgulch by default. You can create a gametype that includes banshees though.

[EDIT]: Ah, silent cartographer isn't the first campaign map, yet it is the one included in the Trial. It is obviously looking for pillar of autumn. I wonder how to resolve this issue...
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

aidancbrady

Post by aidancbrady » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 am

Wow, thanks a bunch for working on that. I'd donate to you if you gave me a link (not really, I'm just very appreciative). Also, great job on HaloMD, what a great interface.

Oh, and how do you make a gametype?

-Aidan

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 am

>I wonder how to resolve this issue...

b30.map
b3.map
b.map
.map
a.map
a1.map
a10.map

either this or make only the fourth mission come up in the UI, while somehow making the players able to start from there. :-\

i'm just throwing ideas at the wall here.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

TaxiService wrote:>I wonder how to resolve this issue...

b30.map
b3.map
b.map
.map
a.map
a1.map
a10.map

either this or make only the fourth mission come up in the UI, while somehow making the players able to start from there. :-\

i'm just throwing ideas at the wall here.
That won't work as far as i know.
Ehange the startup profile so it automatically has all levels unlocked maybe?

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

>Change the startup profile so it automatically has all levels unlocked maybe?

yeah, that's what i meant. 0u0 That and removing all the other mission buttons from the UI.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 am

aidancbrady wrote:Wow, thanks a bunch for working on that. I'd donate to you if you gave me a link (not really, I'm just very appreciative). Also, great job on HaloMD, what a great interface.

Oh, and how do you make a gametype?

-Aidan
Multiplayer -> Edit Gametypes -> Create New Gametype, and adjust vehicle settings to allow banshees.

One way I found was replacing all "a10" instances in the executable with "b30" - it 'looks' like it works but I may need to test it some more, and not sure if all of the instances need to be replaced. Or maybe I should look at the startup profile.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 am

nil! You should know this. I'm pretty sure it's as easy as changing the map file name in the executable list from the list of map file names. I'm sure I took a screenshot of this ascii list earlier and posted it to HDM and MGM.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri May 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Sparky wrote:nil! You should know this. I'm pretty sure it's as easy as changing the map file name in the executable list from the list of map file names. I'm sure I took a screenshot of this ascii list earlier and posted it to HDM and MGM.
Yeahh, I'm sure that is it given that replacing all instances of a10 worked.. I'm just kinda lazy. BTW, Sparky, check my PM.