Moderator: Halo Moderators
MacSoft's Halo webpage wrote:©2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Bungie, Halo and the Microsoft Game Studios Logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries and are used under license from owner. Other products and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Interactive Digital Software Association. GameSpy and the “Powered by GameSpy” design are trademarks of GameSpy Industries, Inc. All rights reserved. Halo for Macintosh is published by Destineer, Inc. under license from Microsoft Corporation. MacSoft is a registered trademark of Destineer.
Bungie.org Halo News wrote:MacSoft has released Halo Updater 1.5.2, which brings the Mac version of Halo into line with HaloPC and HaloCE v1.07 (fixing a network vulnerability).
Halo Full Mac ReadMe File wrote:Halo for Mac OS X
© MacSoft, 2003. All rights reserved.
Welcome to Halo for Mac OS X!
This file contains information to help you troubleshoot issues with Halo for the Macintosh. For the latest support and troubleshooting information, please visit http://www.macsoftgames.com/.
Halo Demo Mac ReadMe File wrote:Halo for Mac OS X
© MacSoft, 2003-04. All rights reserved.
In the demo version, you can experience both single and multiplayer gameplay, including limited vehicle combat. In the single player campaign level The Silent Cartographer, you assume the role of super-soldier Master Chief as you take on the fierce alien faction known as the Covenant. In the multiplayer map Blood Gulch, up to 16 human opponents can light each other up with devastating weaponry and combat vehicles, including the new Rocket Warthog and the Banshee, either online or via LAN connection. In the demo version, Multiplayer is Mac->Mac only and you cannot save your progress.
New to Halo for the Mac. Halo allows you to take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of customizable individual and team based games. Experience the all new multiplayer with the addition of new maps, weapons and vehicles. Halo's been enhanced for play on the Mac with the precision offered by the mouse and keyboard and the support of high-end hardware allowing up to 1600x1200 resolution!
Rich Sci-Fi Experience. Halo transports you into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies, Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiast's dreams.
Vehicle and Foot-Based Action. Tackle missions any way you choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
Intense Online Multiplayer Shootouts. Take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of individual and team-based games such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Race, Oddball, Death Match, and more. In the retail version, Multiplayer is Mac->PC as well as Mac->Mac!
Huge Weapon Variety. Enemies can be crushed with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and needler guns to the fierce rocket launchers and fuel-rod gun.
Incredible Mission Variety. Fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as they uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among the many objectives: to attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
Indoor and Outdoor Combat. Fights are seamless in Halo's ultra-realistic indoor and outdoor environments as gamers hunt the Covenant in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles.
Optimized for the Mac. With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, playing Halo is like never before. Take advantage of their high-end graphic cards and see Halo in superhigh 1600x1200 resolution.
More Info. For more information about Halo for Mac OS X, please visit the following sites:
http://www.macsoftgames.com/products/ha ... -Halo.html
Halo Demo EULA wrote:MACSOFT LICENSE AGREEMENT
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MACSOFT SOFTWARE
HALO:COMBAT EVOLVED FOR MACINTOSH
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This MacSoft End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Destineer, Inc. for the MacSoft software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). The SOFTWARE PRODUCT also includes any updates and supplements to the original SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to you by MacSoft. Any software provided along with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT that is associated with a separate end-user license agreement is licensed to you under the terms of that license agreement. By installing, copying, downloading, accessing or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; you may, however, return it to your place of purchase for a full refund.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Applications Software. You may install, use, access, display, run, or otherwise interact with ("RUN") one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any prior version for the same operating system, on a single computer, workstation, terminal, handheld PC, pager, "smart phone," or other digital electronic device ("COMPUTER"). The primary user of the COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer.
- Storage/Network Use. You may also store or install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to RUN the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your other COMPUTERS over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is RUN from the storage device. A license for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be shared or used concurrently on different COMPUTERS.
- License Pack. If this package is a MacSoft License Pack, you may RUN additional copies of the computer software portion of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT up to the number of copies specified above as "Licensed Copies". You are also entitled to make a corresponding number of secondary copies for portable computer use as specified above.
- Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by
Destineer, Inc. and/or Microsoft Corporation.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
- Academic Edition Software. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is identified as "Academic Edition" or "AE," you must be a "Qualified Educational User" to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If you are not a Qualified Educational User, you have no rights under this EULA. To determine whether you are a Qualified Educational User, please contact MacSoft at 13755 1st Ave N, Ste 500, Plymouth, MN 55441.
- Not for Resale Software. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled "Not For Resale" or "NFR," then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, your use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is limited to use for demonstration, test, or evaluation purposes and you may not resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one COMPUTER.
- Trademarks. This EULA does not grant you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of Microsoft or Destineer.
- Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Application Sharing. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may contain Microsoft NetMeeting, a product that enables applications to be shared between two or more COMPUTERS, even if an application is installed on only one of the COMPUTERS. You may use this technology with all Microsoft application products for multi-party conferences. For non-Microsoft applications, you should consult the accompanying license agreement or contact the licensor to determine whether application sharing is permitted by the licensor.
- Support Services. MacSoft may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT ("Support Services"). Use of Support Services is governed by the MacSoft policies and programs described in the user manual, in "online" documentation, and/or in other MacSoft-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to MacSoft as part of the Support Services, MacSoft may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. MacSoft will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
- Software Transfer. The initial licensee of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and SOFTWARE PRODUCT only directly to an end user. This transfer must include all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). Such transfer may not be by way of consignment or any other indirect transfer. The transferee of such one-time transfer must agree to comply with the terms of this EULA, including the obligation not to further transfer this EULA and SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, MacSoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
3.UPGRADES. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled as an upgrade, you must be properly licensed to use a product identified by MacSoft as being eligible for the upgrade in order to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. A SOFTWARE PRODUCT labeled as an upgrade replaces and/or supplements (and may disable) the product that formed the basis for your eligibility for the upgrade. You may use the resulting upgraded product only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs that you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one COMPUTER.
4.COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by Microsoft, MacSoft or their suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. If this SOFTWARE PRODUCT contains documentation which is provided only in electronic form, you may print one copy of such electronic documentation. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
5.DUAL-MEDIA SOFTWARE. You may receive the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in more than one medium. Regardless of the type or size of medium you receive, you may use only one medium that is appropriate for your single COMPUTER. You may not RUN the other medium on another COMPUTER. You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the other medium to another user, except as part of the permanent transfer (as provided above) of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
6.BACKUP COPY. After installation of one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT pursuant to this EULA, you may keep the original media on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT was provided by MacSoft solely for backup or archival purposes. If the original media is required to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on the COMPUTER, you may make one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT solely for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly provided in this EULA, you may not otherwise make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
7.U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or FAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
8.EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. This SOFTWARE PRODUCT has been classified by the US Government as exportable under License Exception TSU. Therefore the following terms apply : You agree that you will not export or re-export the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, any part thereof, or any process or service that is the direct product of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (the foregoing collectively referred to as the "Restricted Components"), to any country, person or entity subject to U.S. export restrictions. You specifically agree not to export or re-export any of the Restricted Components (i) to any country to which the U.S. has embargoed or restricted the export of goods or services, which currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, or to any national of any such country, wherever located, who intends to transmit or transport the Restricted Components back to such country; (ii) to any person or entity who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Restricted Components in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons; or (iii) to any person or entity who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. You warrant and represent that neither the BXA nor any other U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.
9.NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS WRITTEN IN JAVA. JAVA TECHNOLOGY IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND IS NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE OR RESALE AS ON-LINE CONTROL EQUIPMENT IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES, OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF JAVA TECHNOLOGY COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota.
If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in Canada, unless expressly prohibited by local law, this EULA is governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada; and, in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario. If this SOFTWARE PRODUCT was acquired outside the United States, then local law may apply.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact MacSoft for any reason, please contact us at: 13755 1st Ave N., Ste 500, Plymouth, MN 55441 USA
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS ACQUIRED OUTSIDE THE US AND CANADA. FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTIES AND SPECIAL PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO YOUR PARTICULAR JURISDICTION, PLEASE REFER TO YOUR WARRANTY BOOKLET INCLUDED WITH THIS PACKAGE OR PROVIDED WITH THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT PRINTED MATERIALS.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS ACQUIRED IN THE US AND CANADA.
MacSoft warrants that (a) the SOFTWARE PRODUCT will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of receipt, and (b) any Support Services provided by MacSoft shall be substantially as described in applicable written materials provided to you by MacSoft, and MacSoft support engineers will make commercially reasonable efforts to solve any problem issues. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you. To the extent allowed by applicable law, implied warranties on the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, if any, are limited to ninety (90) days.
CUSTOMER REMEDIES. MacSoft and its suppliers' entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at MacSoft's option, either (a) return of the price paid, if any, or (b) repair or replacement of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT that does not meet MacSoft 's Limited Warranty and which is returned to MacSoft with a copy of your receipt. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement SOFTWARE PRODUCT will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. Outside the United States, neither these remedies nor any product support services offered by MacSoft are available without proof of purchase from an authorized international source.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MACSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHERS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE/JURISDICTION TO STATE/JURISDICTION.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT, MACSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, EVEN IF MACSOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, MACSOFT'S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR U.S.$5.00; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO A MACSOFT SUPPORT SERVICES AGREEMENT, MACSOFT'S ENTIRE LIABILITY REGARDING SUPPORT SERVICES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE TERMS OF THAT AGREEMENT. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
eHow.com wrote:Originally developed by Bungie Software and released as an exclusive for Microsoft's Xbox video game console, Microsoft outsourced Halo ports for the Mac and PC. The ports are almost the same in content, although system requirements vary.
Gearbox, a video game developer, ported Halo to the PC, and Microsoft published it. Westlake Interactive created the Mac port, and Macsoft published the game.
Microsoft released Halo for PC on Sept. 3, 2003. Macsoft published the Mac port in December 2003.
Minimum Video Card Requirements
The PC version of Halo requires a 32 MB video card with hardware transform and lighting capabilities. Apple recommends Mac owners have a 64 MB video card, although a 32 MB card will suffice.
Minimum CPU Requirements
Halo will run on a Mac outfitted with a 1 gHz or greater G4 CPU. Mac users with Intel CPUs must download a patch to play Halo. Windows users need at least a 733 mHz processor to play Halo for the PC.
Macsoft no longer sells Halo for the Mac. PC owners can still purchase new copies of Halo from various retail outlets.
Halo.Bungie.org News in 2003 wrote:No rest for the workers
Serious tasty bits from Dave Mertz, lead designer of Halo, over on the Gearbox forums this evening. Highlights:
Check out the whole post (and, indeed, the whole thread, if you've got an hour to kill) - rest assured, Gearbox is VERY aware of the issues being brought forward by the community (even though most of the vocal ones right now have stolen the game), and are working hard to make things better. (Louis Wu 01:51:30 UTC)
- The first bugfix for Halo PC is already almost finished, and will be ready soon after the game's release. Two more patches/updates are in the pipeline.
- Additional features are coming soon.
- Game tweaking to conform to the needs of the CPL (and tournament play in general) is underway.
Bungie.net News Archive wrote:Interview with Bungie & Destineer Tonight
This evening, macradio.com will be interviewing Bungie's Marty O'Donnell along with Peter Tamte from Destineer Studios (Mac Halo publisher). In addition to talking about the recently released Halo for Mac, topics will include insight into both studios, the music of Halo and questions submitted by fans in the Gamesome Mac chat room.
The streaming broadcast can be heard from 6 to 8 PM PST, 9 to 11 EST and on demand thereafter. Listeners can tune in at The Gamesome Mac's webpage: http://www.macradio.com/monday/
A 28 kbps or faster connection and Quicktime 5 or 6 are required.
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Baidu 2 [Spider] and 1 guest