HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HaloMD

Post by nil » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:09 pm

giambu wrote:Good morning everyone and thank you, it all works very well as the original in its heyday, but now on the mac with Mavericks does not maintain saves in campaign mode. Does anyone know how to fix it ?. Thanks again.
Well HaloMD (being in "demo" form) doesn't really save campaigns since it only comes with one map. I saw an issue with this on the normal Halo retail version, but haven't really checked it out.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

FlexiMya

Post by FlexiMya » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:33 am

HELP

Whenever i play HaloMD, the game starts fine and i can use the trackpad to move my view around and shoot but whenever i use the keys to move and jump etc it doesn't do anything, even the esc key doesn't work. Please help, whats wrong. Ive deleted and reinstalled a million times

Thanks in advance

KernkraftX360

Post by KernkraftX360 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

I need to know, someone reply me quick at my email: kernkraftus@gmail.com or twitter:KernkraftX360,

Does HALO MD work for PowerPC users eg the Power Mac G5 running 10.5.8 ? :)

Best Regards.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:41 pm

No, the client doesn't work. You can use the full version to join the servers directly (via Direct IP) provided that you have the maps being played, but there are limitations on what all can be played, especially on PPC.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

KernkraftX360

Post by KernkraftX360 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks for much for the reply, nil. But I need to acquire the idea on how do I get the Universal Binary 2.0 update for my 1.5.2 Halo: Combat Evolved for PPC? This is due to the fact that Mac Soft has ceased all sales on the Halo UB update. I could not get it in any way. Do any of you have the UB update that I can borrow? My email is : kernkraftus@gmail.com

Best Regards,
KERN.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:28 pm

KernkraftX360 wrote:Thanks for much for the reply, nil. But I need to acquire the idea on how do I get the Universal Binary 2.0 update for my 1.5.2 Halo: Combat Evolved for PPC? This is due to the fact that Mac Soft has ceased all sales on the Halo UB update. I could not get it in any way. Do any of you have the UB update that I can borrow? My email is : kernkraftus@gmail.com

Best Regards,
KERN.
The Universal Binary update is basically like a completely different installation. There isn't an official way to get it anymore. You may have to look online somewhere..

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Consider this a "beta of a beta" or a pre-release/non-official build. That said, testers are welcome!

Changes thus far:

* Fixes outstanding graphical issues in-game, and migrates existing players to better graphics settings (thanks 002, Samuco)
* Enables ability to play full campaign if you own the maps from an installation of the original game (just drag your campaign maps into mods folder located at "Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder" from the menu bar)
* Fixes "Mods -> Add Mods" from menu bar probably not working on OS X 10.8 or below
* The "5" number doesn't appear anymore on bottom left of the screen when launching Halo
* Minor chat improvements

http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/HaloMD_b38.zip

Next official version will probably be versioned as "1.0" because well.. we don't really need beta label anymore and saying "beta of beta" is getting kind of silly..

[EDIT]: The 'Shader Workaround' extension is no longer necessary/effective after this update, so if you have it enabled, it's recommended to disable it.

slappyfox98

Post by slappyfox98 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:11 pm

how do you get to the banshee on the crossing map, i cant figure it out, please help!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:36 pm

slappyfox98 wrote:how do you get to the banshee on the crossing map, i cant figure it out, please help!
It's an easter egg, meant to be challenging to figure out ;).

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 pm

A while ago, I made it so Shader Workaround won't do anything if you are on the latest version of HaloMD. It will detect the changes made in 1.0b38 and then do nothing afterwards.

Zeliss

Post by Zeliss » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:38 am

I can't believe it. Halo finally works properly (no graphics glitches!) on my Macbook with Intel HD3000. You're all incredible. Thank you so much for resurrecting my favorite game.

daret

Post by daret » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am

Hi, I've downloaded the latest build, and copied over the maps from my original version of Halo exactly as instructed. However when I start the game and click on campaign I'm still just getting The Silent Cartographer level. Any ideas?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:26 pm

daret wrote:Hi, I've downloaded the latest build, and copied over the maps from my original version of Halo exactly as instructed. However when I start the game and click on campaign I'm still just getting The Silent Cartographer level. Any ideas?
Hm. A few questions:

1) If you go to HaloMD -> About HaloMD in the menu bar, what version (and build) does it say you're on?

2) If you go to Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder, a Finder window will be brought up showing your Maps folder. In the Maps folder, is there a map named a10?

3) What OS X version are you running? Can find this out by going to  -> About this Mac in the menu bar.

4) Do you have any other Extensions installed (check the Extensions menu)? Perhaps they could be interfering. Seems unlikely though, but worth taking a look.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Version 1.0 has been released. No longer using beta versioning for stable builds. Release notes are here.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Nicely done nil! : )
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig