HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

ItsMeAustin

Re: HaloMD

Post by ItsMeAustin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:37 am

So with the ability to play the full H1 Campaign (Haven't tested it out yet), does this mean we might be able to mod the stock Campaign levels or even port Custom Edition SP levels to MD? I have this gut feeling it won't be possible but I just want to know.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:38 pm

ItsMeAustin wrote:So with the ability to play the full H1 Campaign (Haven't tested it out yet), does this mean we might be able to mod the stock Campaign levels or even port Custom Edition SP levels to MD? I have this gut feeling it won't be possible but I just want to know.
You can already do this (has always been possible) but we do not yet have official support for campaign mods like we do with multiplayer, so you will have to swap single player map files in your Mods folder (until/if we come with better support in the future). Pearl should be able to help converting custom edition maps to full version (which is MD compatible).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:46 am

nil wrote:
ItsMeAustin wrote:So with the ability to play the full H1 Campaign (Haven't tested it out yet), does this mean we might be able to mod the stock Campaign levels or even port Custom Edition SP levels to MD? I have this gut feeling it won't be possible but I just want to know.
You can already do this (has always been possible) but we do not yet have official support for campaign mods like we do with multiplayer, so you will have to swap single player map files in your Mods folder (until/if we come with better support in the future). Pearl should be able to help converting custom edition maps to full version (which is MD compatible).
So if I was able download a Custom Edition SP level from a windows PC, transfer (Can't think of the right word) the .map file onto my Mac, convert it through Pearl, would it be playable? (Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to this stuff DX)

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Sure. Hopefully the conversion wouldn't bring up any issues however.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:56 pm

I've tried to get a10 (The Pillar of Autumn level) into MD (My brother has Halo PC on his Laptop), however when I put the .map file into the mod folder I was unable to select it. Do I need to open the console or something?

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 am

Nevermind got a10 working, tried porting a Custom SP level called "The Last Capital Ship". Didn't turn out so well.

Spartan 98

Post by Spartan 98 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi I cant seem to get my Mods/Maps folder to appear when I go to Mods->Reveal Mods at the top. Tried redownloading Halo MD a bunch of times but I have yet to figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Spartan 98

Post by Spartan 98 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Nevermind, I downloaded AppZapper, uninstalled everything related to Halo MD, reinstalled Halo MD again and everything works fine. Had to move some mods out of the Application Support folder and its subfolders but other than that it was easy to figure out.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:51 pm

I accidentally set MD to run in a separate window and selected the "Don't show again" option, basically I just want MD to run fullscreen but I can't find any option to do so. I even tried uninstalling and installing again but nothings come up.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:43 pm

ItsMeAustin wrote:I accidentally set MD to run in a separate window and selected the "Don't show again" option, basically I just want MD to run fullscreen but I can't find any option to do so. I even tried uninstalling and installing again but nothings come up.
Hold command when hitting 'Start' or 'Join' and the window should show up again

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26 am

Sorry for the late response but I got it working, thanks. Right now however, the level B30 (Silent Cartographer) crashes whenever I try and start it through dev commands (When I got the other SP levels working, I played them out of order so B30 was technically a "locked" level), even playing through A50 to the end still ends up crashing the game. Do I need to replace the map file or something?

off

Post by off » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:24 pm

ok so when ever i try to join a game it says failed. i tried all the maps and nothing works help

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:05 am

off wrote:ok so when ever i try to join a game it says failed. i tried all the maps and nothing works help
Do you have the latest version of MD?

haz11223

Post by haz11223 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:50 pm

i downloaded HaloMD, when i try to run HaloMD.app it wont open because its for some odd reason a text file. how do i fix this?????

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:50 am

haz: can you paste a description of the exact error, verbatim, or (better yet) a screenshot?

austin: what dev commands are you using to load b30?