HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HaloMD

Post by nil » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm

@Taxi: that modification places the menu options to the far left, away from central focus (eyes will focus on center). And there's dead space in the middle. Not a fan.

@Moxus, we're using Pearl to convert full maps to demo, which is one of the things Modzy has been working on lately.

Isle won't convert, so we can't actually test it.

Outpost has lightmap issues you may not be aware of, which Demo hides. (Barrier has the same issue). But pearl can fix those issues when converting to Full. If you want to fix lightmap issues, maybe Modzy should send you current Pearl beta first.

I agree with you about the energy sword.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Isle is a classy lady; she's always been quite happy sipping on her brandy just the way she is.

I'd be very curious to grab ahold of the Pearl Beta, if for no other reason than the joy it would give me to play some of my old maps again.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

T30

Post by T30 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 am

I feel like playing Halo. Px is a only server, with a few players, cool. I know the password, i join. ===> I read "Who is it ?", "Ban him !"… and i'm kicked for no reason.

Stupid. I believe Halo Demo is dead. Definitely dead, in spite of the development of HaloMD.
I feel like delete Halo… Definitely too. :(

PS: Please remove the "Welcome newbies" in the server name, if strangers are not welcome…

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am

T30 wrote:I feel like playing Halo. Px is a only server, with a few players, cool. I know the password, i join. ===> I read "Who is it ?", "Ban him !"… and i'm kicked for no reason.

Stupid. I believe Halo Demo is dead. Definitely dead, in spite of the development of HaloMD.
I feel like delete Halo… Definitely too. :(

PS: Please remove the "Welcome newbies" in the server name, if strangers are not welcome…
There are a couple of reasons why that server isn't public.. This confusion is one of them.

Don't like a server? Try hosting your own. Then, find people, and invite them. Halo Mac is already dead, the whole point (HaloMD) is making it functional again.

The welcome newbies is in there more as of a command to people in that server. Nothing I can do to stop the confusion that comes across, or make them listen to me. (I'm sure they'll have a different version of your story by the way).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 am

I helped Stoutie set up a dedicated server on his linux box.. So, now a public dedi on HaloMD is live! And I'm looking to do an update soon.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Alpha 11 is released:
*Added 4 new maps: Shaft (replacing putput), Crossing (replacing infinity), Barrier (replacing boardingaction), Depot (replacing deathisland)
*Fixed Campaign map, The Silent Cartographer (b30)
*Games whose connection can't be established do not show
*Games using a map that the user doesn't have installed do not show
*Updated HaloMD launcher, game, document, and data icons
*Improved serial key generation

If you have HaloMD, go to HaloMD menu -> Check for Update, otherwise see download link in first post of this thread.

---

The modded maps were converted using Pearl beta I have. I had to fix some of the unicode strings in the maps so they would show up correctly in the map selection (also some modders replaced LEAVE GAME by crediting themselves, and changed 1st/16th to WIN/LOSE which are absolutely TERRIBLE ideas). The ui map was modified as well. Modders that created these maps are free to take a look at them - I can issue updates to them in another update. Here's a link to just the maps.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 am

Recreation might be a good one to replace sidewinder.

That is of course if you can find out what's wrong. If played on PC or converted half the map doesn't show like I didnt null out Bloodgulch. So 3/4 of the map doesn't even appear. If this problem can be fixed I'd be happy to go over the mod again to touch things up. Make it HaloMD worthy.

The only reason I brought that up because it's one of the only mods I made were it is it's own map, yet doesn't change any other aspects of halo.

So it's kinda perfect for you.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon May 07, 2012 11:12 am

I'll take a look again (I think I already have), although I'm avoiding replacing Full maps that I deem good (eg, sidewinder).

On another note, there is a huge issue with depot, barrier, and crossing due to how they rely on NULLing the BSP, and this process isn't exactly perfect, or the Pearl process isn't perfect.. These maps crash on the PC dedi tool currently. Will have to look into this..

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm

wait, what? depot doesn't use a nulled out bsp. It uses a50's first bsp!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm

nil wrote:I'll take a look again (I think I already have), although I'm avoiding replacing Full maps that I deem good (eg, sidewinder).

On another note, there is a huge issue with depot, barrier, and crossing due to how they rely on NULLing the BSP, and this process isn't exactly perfect, or the Pearl process isn't perfect.. These maps crash on the PC dedi tool currently. Will have to look into this..
It's pearl. I already talked to modzy on the subject. You can keep sidewinder, I just feel Recreation kinda fits the category your looking for.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 pm

The normal BSP nulling method does not work for Halo UB. I used a modified UI BSP to fix this for Halo UB, but it sounds like the PC dedi app doesn't like that.

We'll have to find yet another method of BSP nulling since all these different versions of Halo handle the BSP differently (sigh).

Not a Pearl problem.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm

So you're saying that nulling the BSP using my metadata plugins for Eschaton does not work with anything besides Halo Demo / Trial?

Try this: un-nullify the bsp using my plugins (use the bloodgulch bsp data for each of the three values) and convert with Pearl to full, then null the bsp again using my plugins. This would only use Eschaton with my plugins and Pearl. Not HexEdit, not BSP Nuller.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon May 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Sparky wrote:So you're saying that nulling the BSP using my metadata plugins for Eschaton does not work with anything besides Halo Demo / Trial?

Try this: un-nullify the bsp using my plugins (use the bloodgulch bsp data for each of the three values) and convert with Pearl to full, then null the bsp again using my plugins. This would only use Eschaton with my plugins and Pearl. Not HexEdit, not BSP Nuller.
The old method of nulling the BSP by changing those three values does not work under Halo UB. The visual mesh will be nulled, but not the collision. Halo UB handles collision differently. It does not even need to read the values anymore (which is absolutely silly), it just calculates distances between chunks and speculates where things are.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon May 07, 2012 8:35 pm

I released an update (Alpha 12) that removed Depot, Crossing, and Barrier for now.. due to there being many other issues aside from BSP-nulling.. Shaft is still in tact though.

Alpha 12 also has a couple of other minor improvements that can be read in the version log..

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Anyone wanna play right now on the open ClanHalo server?

Also because I still don't like the new icon, I modified mine for the launched game itself. And for the map files.

Here's an updated version of the old one to make the 16x16 not match the data files by default link
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]