HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: HaloMD

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes I can do that all tomorrow.

002 wrote:Congratulations?

And yeah, spawning on the bridge is in the middle of the open. There should be more spawns on the lowest level. It'll give more incentive to use ghosts :)

Moxus didn't place more there, so I'm not going to. I can remove the bridge one, though.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Sounds good. If you want, you can finally try converting to Full since modzy released a Pearl beta in his Pearl thread. Or you could have me do it.. whichever.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Beta 4 of crossing:
http://www.halodemomods.com/mediawiki/i ... sparky.zip
I didn't add the energy sword 3p animations because I need a little more time to do that, but this includes all the other changes. I think it looks better.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 am

OK so due to this problem: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pag ... icID=38326
...I will need to delete some animations from the tag in order to add more than 2 new ones. Crossing doesn't have a flamethrower, so I can delete those.

And if anyone is looking for the data files to the cyborg animations... lol just PM me or something. Or export them yourself, it's easy just use the Export to File and Export All Animations in Tag options in the Bluestreak Animation Importer script in 3ds max. Don't do it the impossibly hard way like I did the first time and still got broken results by using the cadAnimationExporter to export animations one at a time... sigh. Could have saved myself two or three days of unnecessary work there.

I don't even know why this cadAnimationExporter is broken with certain types of animations, but it is really annoying and I don't even know if I'll be able to properly generate 3p animations for the energy sword. I got one or two nice ones, but... weird stuff happens sometimes.

Can I delete the flamethrower animations from the tag so that I can add energy sword animations? This will of course only apply to the Crossing map.

stand melee idle

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 am

Since I'm modifying the available third person animations for the cyborg due to the maximum animations limit, here is the situation:

- If you are looking to add animations to the cyborg, I'll post a better video tutorial than I did the first time. The first one was before I knew of the 257 limit. (Really 256/255 for those taking a byte into animation details.)
- The energy sword animations tag and the flamethrower will not be compatible in the same map. You'll have to decide to use one or the other. I'd replace the "unarmed" tags or certain vehicles, but there are not enough available or they are commonly used. I'll just replace all the flamethrower ones.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:20 pm

This requires more testing.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Where can I download the latest version? I have alpha 14 and I get an error when attempting to update the normal way through the app itself. The link here doesn't seem to be working anymore and there's no file on the wiki page. Does this have to do with sparky moving to a different server?

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Indeed, I have an error contacting the update server thing and I am on a19.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 am

Updates will need to be manual now.

nil and I can discuss what issues there are, no need to resolve them here in the topic... I say that just so you won't become frustrated and because I don't really think you can help solve the problems anyway... and also because it's not necessary. Also there is misinformation, for you see, some will interpret my first sentence here as meaning that the update feature in the application will no longer work. That's not what I said. I said "Updates will need to be manual NOW." "Now" does not imply "in the future," but means "now". So this is why there is no need for nil and me to discuss any problems or difficulties here.

After the problems are fixed, HaloMD will work as it should, and normally.
Peachy? :mrgreen:

Now go read this please, it will explain what is going on: viewtopic.php?p=106036#p106036

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Never mind the manual update. I figured out how to get it to work. You can update now.

There are two available links to download HaloMD now:

http://nilftp.halodemomods.com/HaloMD.zip
or
http://www.halodemomods.com/halomd/HaloMD.zip

If your browser does not recognize the first, use the second.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am

Question, Now that i have a decent macintosh I would love to get back into machinima, and i can actually do it myself. is their anyway my halo fv on my pc can join my halomd server? and if not could this be a possibility?

Only thing stopping me from making my own machinima again is body actors :/
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm

How is it going, nil? Can you please update the version of Bloodgulch Extreme to version 2.0?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't think we can create a server. I tried to host a server but the person I was testing with couldn't see it. I unblocked every port by the way. I couldn't check the lobby, it said access denied. I'm on the irc now
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Sparky wrote:How is it going, nil? Can you please update the version of Bloodgulch Extreme to version 2.0?
I did, but a recent upgrade on HDM wiki or something temporarily broke the install mod feature, but I have it fixed in my developmental build.

I will want to plan on releasing a small alpha soon. I don't really care about the other map's progress. In particular, what the heck is going on with Crossing? How is that energy sword third-person animation going? I don't have the time to test that with you for hours again, so don't ask me to do that. And I don't want any stupid extra feature you had suggested month(s) ago, or any video describing the progress, or anything extra added onto the map internally. Right now, I just want to release something. If this turns out to be annoying and take too long, I will just roll back to a version where the energy sword behaved like in Moxus' version.

I'm also going to remove Shaft, because I consider it inadequate and it's not something I look forward at this point to completing to make it something more worthwhile.

Barrier seems to be fine. Taxi, can you give me an updated Barrier map with the UI image modded in the ui map? Find the image on HDM's mod database (the demo one), import the texture into ui.map, send it to me.

002 gave me a procedure of updating the map name's in ui.map (for third party mods I think), will have to see if I still have that reference around... [edit]: it's here

Modzy, how do I go about removing maps from the UI selection (choose which ones I want to still keep)?

I also presume I should do updates in halodemomods.com/halomd/ and use halo.macgamingmods.com as the master server now.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm

nil wrote:I also presume I should do updates in halodemomods.com/halomd/ and use halo.macgamingmods.com as the master server now.
Up to you the the master server change. Sparky has the original HDM address directed to the MGM address so either will work.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig