HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

002
Ranger
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: ::1

Re: HaloMD

Postby 002 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am

I showed nil this and he said it was okay. I'm working on a way for windows users to access the lobby without a tcp client.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30298900/picture1.png

Everything you see works, except for "Start"

I will release it when I figure out copy and pasting on this android phone.

edit: Some of the screenshots' links broke and I can't put them back up right now.
Last edited by 002 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: HaloMD

Postby Mgalekgolo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Cool! This is good because I don't feel like switching to my mac partition each time I want to play halo.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Image

002
Ranger
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: ::1

Re: HaloMD

Postby 002 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Download ??? Link broke for some reason ???

It will come with a config file. There is a bug that causes the program to not start if the config isn't in the same folder as the program. I'll fix this when I return in 10 to 11 days.

Please note this is NOT HaloMD, it only gives Windows users faster access to HaloMD servers. You will need the latest version of Halo to use this. You'll also need the maps.
Last edited by 002 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: HaloMD

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 pm

The first person animations for the energy sword are done, but now it's on to the third person animations. That will take a while, as I need to import and export every existing cyborg animation first.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Ranger
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: HaloMD

Postby nil » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I released Alpha 16.

Changes:

*Added new map Crossing again! The map and energy sword is still a work in progress, but have fun testing it out!
*Made heavy optimizations and improvements to Barrier, making the map easier to learn.
*Added experimental support for 3rd party modding. The game has been hacked to report the mod that is being played. Joining modded games will be easy. A slot is used for "modded" maps.
*Double-clicking on a game will now attempt to join it rather than refresh it (see game menu item to do latter action)
*Removed scoping blur by modifying bitmaps when a player is using pixel shaders.
*HaloMD reports when hosting a game fails, when you are trying to host one (most likely due to firewall/router issues)
*HaloMD removes save games on launch, allowing one to play the campaign again and again
*Fixed bug on decoding player name and server text from Halo (now using correct Latin1 encoding).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the delta update to work.. so, it's a fairly big download.

[EDIT]: I fixed the delta update!
Last edited by nil on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Dev.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: HaloMD

Postby Mgalekgolo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Game tomorrow night, anyone?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Image

nil
Ranger
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: HaloMD

Postby nil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 am

Mgalekgolo wrote:Game tomorrow night, anyone?


I'll try to be on like at 7 or 8 PM EST. If anyone's interested, go on iRC tonight and we'll see if we can get anything going.
Retired Dev.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: HaloMD

Postby Mgalekgolo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 am

sounds good!
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Image

nil
Ranger
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: HaloMD

Postby nil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I was busy but I got to play with Sparky and a couple of other guys, in Crossing. Sparky is real silent and scary. It's strange.

Anyway, I've released alpha 18 which is a small update from alpha 16. Think of it as a bug-fix update for 10.5 users, and fixing a bug where 'infinity' showed up in the lobby window instead of 'crossing'.
Retired Dev.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: HaloMD

Postby Mgalekgolo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 am

Oh man I forgot I had this planned >_>. Sorry, I had just got back from my first day on the football camp.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Image

User avatar
Cronos Dage
Veteran
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am
Location: Ontario, Soupcanada
Contact:

Re: HaloMD

Postby Cronos Dage » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 am

Since it wasn't posted because it's a small update, posting alpha 18 changelog anyway:

Version 1.0a18
Fixed crashing bugs for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) users introduced in alpha 16.
Fixed bug where Crossing showed up as "Infinity" in the lobby.
Very small update.
Image

nil
Ranger
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:38 am
Location: null zone

Re: HaloMD

Postby nil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

Crossing is awesomee. I really like the sword you put in Sparky (slow long ranged stab, and quick short ranged melee - it's a deadly weapon)

Few things that may need to be looked at:
*Do third person animations on sword-stab (Sparky already knows this, his job)
*The ground texture near the base that's "gold" isn't gold in the original (probably was swapped incorrectly originally), that texture needs to be reverted back.
*In CTF at least, there is a spawning location on the bridge right on the energy sword... Don't think spawning on the bridge is a good idea, probably should be removed.
*I kind of want to change the crosshair of the sword, something not halo2-ish. Maybe the switching weapon sound too.

I received a criticism about Barrier going along the lines: "I can't play it because it is just all white and hurts my eyes." Anyone else feel the same way?
Retired Dev.

User avatar
Amy
Green Beret
Posts: 3627
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Mota-Lev's house.
Contact:

Re: HaloMD

Postby Amy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 am

nil wrote:I received a criticism about Barrier going along the lines: "I can't play it because it is just all white and hurts my eyes." Anyone else feel the same way?

I just hopped on it and I really disagree. The tiled color really adds the effect of the "So close, yet so far." My eyes also survived the playthrough. Some people can just be a little picky I think.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: HaloMD

Postby Mgalekgolo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 pm

It seemed darker than original actually, but that just may be the shaders. Either way I disagree.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Image

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: HaloMD

Postby Sparky » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 pm

An experimentation with the barrier wall bitmap could be helpful. It has its own unique shader and bitmap because of the redo I did.

The gold-hued ground texture, which is the unearthed metal panels bitmap which is also used in bloodgulch looks the way it does because of the cubemaps. Try just nulling the cubemap reference in its shader tag and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then I'll release an accordingly-revised version after the 3p animations are done and I remove the bridge spawn point.

What should the reticle for the sword HUD look like? Again, it could just be completely removed from the wphi tag metadata under the crosshairs section, or by nulling the h2 crosshair bitmap reference... maybe... but nulling the reference if it's a bitmap usually means the map will cause the game to crash.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.


Return to “HaloMD”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest