How to edit encounters in B30?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

thehealthymodder

How to edit encounters in B30?

Post by thehealthymodder » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm making a flood mod on B30 but a thing with me and zombies is this: you can never have too many zombies. Does anyone know of a tutorial that covers AI Encounters like, A LOT? Last couple times I edited encounters the map either crashed, or spawned LESS when I input a higher number >.>
OMG UNICRONS

Zanghfei
Ranger

Re: How to edit encounters in B30?

Post by Zanghfei » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Well I think I remember vaguely......
It somewhere in scnr.
Go mess it up and once you found encounter #.
Remember check those number if it is form enemy or a allies, of course place's.

Edit: What!? crash when put'ing so much enemies (encounter), this is not normal.
(bah my bad english is messing up again,)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

For singleplayer maps, use encounters like this. HDM doesn't have any tutorials yet on this method.
For multiplayer maps, use itmc to reference invisible and upside-down vehicles that have actv in their seats. HDM has tutorials on this method.

Use Eschaton 0.8.1a which includes Sparky's Eschaton Plugins. This will give you enough information for any scenario modifications.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am

Hmmm… i have looked into my old tutorials folder, but i haven't found anything about editing encounters. :\
I've searched on halomaps.com too, but had no luck. The closest thing returned in the search results is this. (it has useful informations about AI)

A quick check of Halomods gave me uninteresting results too. But maybe i didn't search enough? Try looking on the internets if there's anything related to this! (there surely is, it just has to be found!)
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 am

From what I remember when I was looking at AI modding in Campaign, encounters are a largely unexplored topic, at least among MGM users. You'll probably have to mess around for a bit.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:50 pm

I have done quite a bit of stuff in regards to this, while i can't remember the exact numbers, you can change how many enemies spawn in each encounter, and wether they respawn.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 am

In the scnr tag, try using Encounters #6, 7 and 8 first, and experiment with them. Again, you should be using Eschaton version 0.8.1a, from here: http://www.halodemomods.com/mediawiki/i ... 0.8.1a.zip
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:32 am

Make sure you're using the .ent plugins, there are no suitable hmt plugins for editing them.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Make sure you are using Sparky's Plugins with Eschaton 0.8.1a. You don't have to worry about any other plugins.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 am

swap out uneeded scenery / other in game tags with ai filled scorpians, use my zombie physics tag from my l4d mod to ensure the scorpion will flip ejecting them.

i also currently have a zombie b30 n the works, fyi the mod name zombie apocalypse i taken lol
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Fonzie wrote:swap out uneeded scenery / other in game tags with ai filled scorpians, use my zombie physics tag from my l4d mod to ensure the scorpion will flip ejecting them.
How is that in any way an efficient way of doing it?
Through SCNR screwing around i have piled the beach head with grunts, all which respawn the moment you kill them, sure they lose all their AI because there's about 150 of them at once and it lags like absolute shit, but there was lots of them.

OH YEAH almost forgot, the one thing you want to flip most goes something along the lines of "Spawns on level start" or something like that.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 am

Can't have efficiency before you have functionality? Or perhaps by thinking things through you can achieve both.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 am

thehealthymodder wrote:I'm making a flood mod on B30 but a thing with me and zombies is this: you can never have too many zombies. Does anyone know of a tutorial that covers AI Encounters like, A LOT? Last couple times I edited encounters the map either crashed, or spawned LESS when I input a higher number >.>
I think it would be somewhere in matg. Because in Heroic and Legendary, there are many more AIs. and that is stored in matg.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 am

That's right, because it's Single Player mode.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.