Okay so my Mac died a few days ago. Which means...

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Smythe
Commando

Okay so my Mac died a few days ago. Which means...

Post by Smythe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 am

I need people to release any map files that I gave them, specifically my B30 mod :)

Woul be greatly appreciated, as I no longer have he ability to work on it, nor any Mac modding stuff :c

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Okay so my Mac died a few days ago. Which means...

Post by Sparky » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 am

Hard drive failure? Or the screen or something else hardware-related?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Sparky wrote:Hard drive failure? Or the screen or something else hardware-related?
Hard Drive we think, we had to do a full re-install to get it working again, and nothing was backed up :/

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Smythe wrote:
Sparky wrote:Hard drive failure? Or the screen or something else hardware-related?
Hard Drive we think, we had to do a full re-install to get it working again, and nothing was backed up :/
I'd buy a new drive, if it failed then it probably doesn't work properly no matter reinstalling the OS. Next time a hard drive failure occurs, buy a new drive and take the failed one to a computer shop that does specialized data recovery. If you need to use the computer and don't have a drive, you can always install Mac OS X onto a flash drive. Might be a good idea to keep an emergency dedicated flash drive with OS X on it like I do in such cases.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Modzy wrote:
Smythe wrote:
I'd buy a new drive, if it failed then it probably doesn't work properly no matter reinstalling the OS. Next time a hard drive failure occurs, buy a new drive and take the failed one to a computer shop that does specialized data recovery. If you need to use the computer and don't have a drive, you can always install Mac OS X onto a flash drive. Might be a good idea to keep an emergency dedicated flash drive with OS X on it like I do in such cases.
Thanks for the advice, we'll look into it when it happens again. Though we might just get a new mac, this one is roughly 6 or 7 years old.