Armor Lock

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Armor Lock

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm

I noticed that this topic has been here long times ago. But I want to bring it back. So any possible tutorials for armor lock. Or if it's special tags would you put a link for it? If you know anything please comment. This is not only for me this is for future Halo modders and begginer modders.
Please, don't be mad and greety.
Thank you.

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: Armor Lock

Post by zapconquest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I once made a bubble shield by using a rock as the model for a projectile and then I made the projectile speed really low and changed the projectile's lifespan to an appropriate time. For your purposes you'd probably want the rock to be invisible, so it would be an invisible barrier protecting whoever's inside it. http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Awesome_Gulch.zip

it's also possible to stun a player for a certain amount of time under the damage tag (jpt)

if you could somehow combine these two ideas, and also put in some effects that make it clear that this is happening to the person, you might have something similar to the armor lock

it might be hard

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

That is a really bright idea for a mod. Instead of importing the bubble shields from halo full which is not easy to find I think, you made it by yourself with some thought. Anyway, I think I know how to make it invisible by swapping something in the ligh tag I think. Oh yeah, it came from a "How to make 100% invisibility". One thing I don't understand is when you turn up stun even to a really high number the person still gets to move a bit.
Anyway, Thank you very much.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Most stun values are controlled in the matg Globals tag.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 am

You could replace it with crouch, though i'm not sure how it'd work... unless there's an effect you can toggle when you crouch...

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 am

Smythe wrote:You could replace it with crouch, though i'm not sure how it'd work... unless there's an effect you can toggle when you crouch...
Hmmm... What about the function 2 in the reflexives in the biped tag. The string says: shield glow source. what can that be. Maybe the crouch function is in the matg?

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:
Smythe wrote:You could replace it with crouch, though i'm not sure how it'd work... unless there's an effect you can toggle when you crouch...
Hmmm... What about the function 2 in the reflexives in the biped tag. The string says: shield glow source. what can that be. Maybe the crouch function is in the matg?
Well I searched "crouch" in eschaton, but the results were "boulder_crouch" and more of that.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 am

Sparky wrote:Most stun values are controlled in the matg Globals tag.
Question for Sparky; well I found some values in the matg tag with you plugins and starter plugins. Here are the values:
Stun movement penalty [0.1], Stun turning penalty [0.1] and Stun jumping penalty.
I think that maybe if you modify the values to the highest and have the thing that zapconquest said; we can have a fully functional armor lock.
But how do you modify these values?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:
Sparky wrote:Most stun values are controlled in the matg Globals tag.
Question for Sparky; well I found some values in the matg tag with you plugins and starter plugins. Here are the values:
Stun movement penalty [0.1], Stun turning penalty [0.1] and Stun jumping penalty.
I think that maybe if you modify the values to the highest and have the thing that zapconquest said; we can have a fully functional armor lock.
But how do you modify these values?
Which Eschaton version are you using? There should be a text field there where you type the new value. 1 is the maximum value for stun, unless it's a time value in which case the number can be higher than 1. You can press Return after entering the number and it will apply the change.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm using Eschaton 0.8.1a.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:13 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:That is a really a mod. Instead of importing the bubble shields, you made it by yourself with some thought.
:'). This makes me happy.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

So... Now if I can just get some sort of bitmaps or effect that will make a nice effect that will make the person look in real armor lock (its like the person is getting electricuted). I think there is some sort of effect like that in the Incyclopedia tag library, but further testing is required if this can be a real armor lock like from Halo Reach.

Furthermore, is there any crouch function (there probably is) and someonecan find it, and there is an effect that you can swap with or add so while in armor lock the person will crouch.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:SoSo... Now if I can just get some sort of bitmaps or effect that will make a nice effect that will make the person look in real armor lock (its like the person is getting electricuted).
Trying using a damage effect to ping the shields, so that they appear without causing actual damage.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Modzy wrote:
rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:SoSo... Now if I can just get some sort of bitmaps or effect that will make a nice effect that will make the person look in real armor lock (its like the person is getting electricuted).
Trying using a damage effect to ping the shields, so that they appear without causing actual damage.
Maybe use a damage side effect like harmless to the person.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Set the damage value to 0.0000001. Even at 0.001, the result would be "no" damage but would trigger the damage indicators and ping the shields if they were up (or prevent them from recharging, since the shields work like they are stunned and do not continue to recharge while taking damage unless you set the shield recharge delay to 0 in the bipd coll tag).

coll -> cyborg bipd

Shield.Minimum Stun Damage (the minimum damage required to stun this object's shields) - set to 0.1 or higher if you want dynamic shield regrowth (this seems to be based upon the total damage, not a fraction of the damage, so for cyborg, the maximum value would be 60, and 200 for elites)

Shield.Stun Time (seconds) (the length of time the shields stay stunned (don't recharge) after taking damage) - set this to 0 for dynamic shield regrowth; default is 6 seconds in Halo 1