[WIP] The Fallen (Mod)

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Should I make this mod?

This is awesome! Do it!
25%
I think you should wait.
No votes
Maybe you should get more experience.
25%
You should it try at least.
33%
Of course not.
17%

Total votes: 12

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

[WIP] The Fallen (Mod)

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:05 pm

I planning to make a based mod when it's as if the covenant came back to take over bloodgulch so if us spartans do not fight with everthing we got we will lose this fight.

This mod is going to have actor variants, imported ce vehicles and nice skinned bloogulch for the theme!

Is bloodgulch and the UNSC going to rise or fall?

This is a work in progress multiplayer map. Thanks to Sparky's Incyclopedia it will be very longer and harder to make.

I hope this works. ----)

EDIT: No actor variants, instead replacement of bipeds.
FINAL EDIT: There will be two versions, one will have AI and the other will not have AI.
Last edited by rEsTnPeAcEz on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kiddten
Commando

Re: [WIP] The Fallen (Mod)

Post by kiddten » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 pm

AI does not work currently (hah) in multiplayer.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 am

Gotta choose between it being a singleplayer AI map, or a multiplayer map with no AI.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am

Ai did work for me imported it from b30 and it worked you just can't replace it with scenery or itmc.
Can you please vote.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

clients will not be able to see the AI, even if they have the map installed. trust us, multiplayer with AI just doesn't work.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 pm

You guys he probably doesn't understand what your saying. Ai work in bloodgulch yes you can see them fine while you testing your mods and all or hosting the mod. But you join a server that has an ai mod on you won't see the true location of the ai, you'll just be getting attacked by invisible things. but to get them to spawn you need to spawn tanks null there coll and mod2 and fill each seat with the atcv then make it land upside down. Also change the driver seat Id would be smart so the players cannot use the tank. You'll have to find tuts for this if you don't know how.. It's been years since I've done it and I don't have a Mac ATM to walk ya through.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Or just make them go in the vehicle. Expecially in a warthog then they will get out if you shoot the hog with a rocket. Doesnt matter if you want them to be outside vehicle. Because my mod is gonna have them in vehicles like pelicans and lifepods.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 pm

The AI pathfinding or whatever doesn't transfer over the netcode. Trust us, we were working on this for years.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Now since I know for sure...
Instead of AI I'm going to import the bipeds of hunters, jackals, etc and replace them with cyborg biped so it can seem like its aliens.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Uh what kid, where did you quote the warthog thing it's retarded. And what do you mean import hunters and such then give the cyborg the model of them??

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Uh, dude. You don't have to replace the model then it will be easier to kill because the model collision efffect has not been replaced so instead you can just go to the scenario tag down till you see biped cyborg then ou replace that with the imported tag. Then I believe you have to go to the matg tag and to the same thing you don't have I change he model it won't be want you and I exactly want. I have experience.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:31 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:
Or just make them go in the vehicle. Expecially in a warthog then they will get out if you shoot the hog with a rocket. Doesnt matter if you want them to be outside vehicle. Because my mod is gonna have them in vehicles like pelicans and lifepods.
I like this idea.

Put the marines into warthogs and the elites into ghosts and banshees.
Scripting is not an option in Halo Demo multiplayer, although I have not tested this myself.
The AI chunks in the scnr Scenario tag I think are only used for AI that are outside of vehicles.

You can do what I did in my Galaxy Wars: Outpost Omega map and simply tweak the AI a little bit so they wander around or move around and drive the vehicles. The easiest way of doing this is to import a variety of Elites which can fly banshees and drive ghosts, and to reference them inside the vehicle seats in the vehicle tags. Do the same thing with the marines and warthogs. You can add grunts to covenant shade turrets. I don't know if marines can drive tanks. Elites can also drive Wraiths.

This should work properly with some tweaking of how the AI behaves within the relevant AI tags (actv, actr, bipd). You can even have a stationary Covenant drop ship sitting there in the sky with its turret firing on the bloodgulch map. Just null the physics tag or give it very high mass/weight and 0 gravity. Remember that you can reference other coll, mod2 and antr tags, although the antr should really match the mod2 or else the game will crash if the node list checksums don't match between those two. Antr modding is more involved with Eschaton, but you can always export tag metadata and modify it then reimport it.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Sparky wrote:
rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:
I like this idea.

Put the marines into warthogs and the elites into ghosts and banshees.
Scripting is not an option in Halo Demo multiplayer, although I have not tested this myself.
The AI chunks in the scnr Scenario tag I think are only used for AI that are outside of vehicles.

You can do what I did in my Galaxy Wars: Outpost Omega map and simply tweak the AI a little bit so they wander around or move around and drive the vehicles. The easiest way of doing this is to import a variety of Elites which can fly banshees and drive ghosts, and to reference them inside the vehicle seats in the vehicle tags. Do the same thing with the marines and warthogs. You can add grunts to covenant shade turrets. I don't know if marines can drive tanks. Elites can also drive Wraiths.

This should work properly with some tweaking of how the AI behaves within the relevant AI tags (actv, actr, bipd). You can even have a stationary Covenant drop ship sitting there in the sky with its turret firing on the bloodgulch map. Just null the physics tag or give it very high mass/weight and 0 gravity. Remember that you can reference other coll, mod2 and antr tags, although the antr should really match the mod2 or else the game will crash if the node list checksums don't match between those two. Antr modding is more involved with Eschaton, but you can always export tag metadata and modify it then reimport it.
I think you able to change which vehicle you want your ai in in the actv tag. Or you can go to the actv tag and there should be actor variants with the name warthog pilot banshee pilot and scorpion pilot then you just have to replace the null out actr and replace it with marines. Then it should work.

EDIT: So should I put actor variants or not?

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Thats basically what I meant swapping the cyborg that players are normally with the hunter. I just said model cause it was quicker then otherwise.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 am

Mota-Lev wrote:Thats basically what I meant swapping the cyborg that players are normally with the hunter. I just said model cause it was quicker then otherwise.
A model in general is a three-dimensional representation of a person or thing or of a proposed structure, typically on a smaller scale than the original. Model Collision Geometry (coll) is an invisible surface that prevents players and/or projectiles from passing through and it makes it possible to damage the models in the game. Fortunate for us the data in the maps are very organized.

EDIT: So if you don't have any model collision geometry for the model or have the incorrect one it will take longer to damage the model like as if you were in the jpt tag. So this is important if you have no model collision geometry for a model and your trying to damage for example a cyborg it will not do anything the model will be invincible even when you shoot the person with a pistol when the damage effect of the pistol is 9999 or the maximum it will still not effect the model!!! :roll: