Gamespy Lobbies will no longer be available

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Gamespy Lobbies will no longer be available

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Gamespy will no longer be hosting game services.
Halo Demo and Halo PC will really be dead... Now is the time for the Blam! Developer Communities Network to step up its game! HaloMD will be the only real option now. I don't know what Gearbox will do...

Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: Gamespy Lobbies will no longer be available

Post by Modzy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 pm

Pretty sure the Halo servers are under Master License Agreement and will continue to function. This only effects games whose developers use the Open Program network.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Great, if that's the case.

Edit: I just realized this whole hosting business thing was a sham, just a gimmick to advertise paid services. What a waste. I feel really sorry for everyone involved.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

It appears that the gamespy lobby for Halo PC Trial is now really dead.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 am

I was just playing Halo Full Mac (PPC) and there is 1 server, a dedicated server with 0/10 players.
Halo Full Mac (UB) has 1 server presently, a player-hosted server with 12/12 players. When it got down to 8/12, I tried joining it, but it said, "Unable to join the game server!". Then another room opened up, called "The Snipa Jungle", but closed before I had a chance to join it, within a couple seconds. That means still one server.
Halo Demo apparently uses the same servers as Halo Full Mac (UB), which is why I wasn't able to join the game from Halo Full Mac (UB) -- it was actually a Halo Demo PPC hosted server. So I loaded up Halo Demo PPC Mac and discovered this was the case, and joined the game. Really, then, Halo Full Mac (UB) has no servers (or maybe I'm using a hacked version of the executable?) and Halo Demo PPC still has anywhere from 1 to 5 servers, in my experience.
Halo Mini Demo seems to have 4 servers going, 3 dedicated ones with 0/16 players and a fourth populated with 4/16 players.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 am

You probably have the hacked exec that loads the demo servers on the full app. MD has four dedicated. Normally populated with around ten regular players, on a good day we'll see two or three user made servers with the four dedis and twenty people distributed throughout them.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Also, this may occur if you use an outdated Halo UB.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm unable to connect to the Halo Demo lobby as of now. Has the lobby been shut down permanently? Anyone that has a computer that can still run demo can help verify this.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

nil, the Halo Demo lobby works for me.

Try doing a hard reset on your router by holding down the reset button in the back of it for 30 seconds. That solved a number of my internet problems.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:28 am

Gamespy is shutting down at the end of May, so it looks like the Gamespy lobby really will be dead by then for Halo full and demo. (Fortunately for us we still have our MD lobby).

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:21 am

Jeez, well that means that I will have to go on Halo Demo and see if there are still people playing on there. Convincing them to download MD is always tough but if I mention that Gamespy is for sure closing by the end of May, that will hopefully make them change their minds