[WIP] Ion Pelican

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

[WIP] Ion Pelican

Post by 002 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm almost done with a vehicle. It's a modification of the pelican. The most obvious change is the new shielding.

When the shielding is down, hitting the pelican will damage all occupants like any vehicle.

The second change is the toggleable lamps. Press Q [flashlight] to turn the lights on or off. Only the driver can do this. Mod makers can have the pelican's lamps always on by changing either the ligh tag or the vehi tag.

These lights are dynamic lights, meaning they light up the world. Unfortunately, they have an awkward effect on models with very little planes. This dynamic effect can be toggled off by changing a bit in the bitmasks of the ligh tag.

Lastly, I don't have a screenshot for this, but the collision model is a modified form of the collision model from the crashed pelican. That means you can walk into the passenger bay.

There's just 1 bug to fix before I can call this "complete":
  • Explosions can only affect shields if hitting the port stern. It still does no damage. The exception to this are plasma grenades.
Tools used in order of how much I've used it (Authors):
  • Eschaton 0.8 (Altimit01 and others)
  • Sparky's plugins (Sparky)
  • HxD [hex editor] (Maël Hörz)
  • the HaloMD lobby (nil)
Last edited by 002 on Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [WIP] Ion Pelican

Post by Sparky » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Modify the coll tag to modify the damage. Your pelican shader might still be using the hunter shield type of material, which means it will take no damage anyway.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Actually, it's a modification of the cyborg energy shield splashy thing. The shield material in the collision is cyborg energy shield, too.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:17 pm

The only things to change would be in the coll tag; the jpt! values of things in the map don't need to be changed for this.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.