Is HDM Permanently Down?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Is HDM Permanently Down?

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 am

Is it permanently down, because it is/was a good source for me and a lot of people. If it's down, please bring it back.

Sven
SEAL

Re: Is HDM Permanently Down?

Post by Sven » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 am

Halodemomods was administrated by Sparky. Send him a message if you want it back, but I think he's pretty set on keeping his head pretty far up his own arse.
The haloMD database is here (Credits to nil)
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:35 am

Like Sven said, he is in his own little world and I do not think he will be coming out any time soon. Sparky said that he would leave (obviously he lied), taking the website down with him without warning or reason, letting down the entire community. That is what you would expect from someone who is overly arrogant and unable to take "no" for an answer.

To answer your question, do not be surprised if it does not come back. If you want to try talking to him, you may do so and good luck, but you will probably not get far.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Don't tell me it's because of the religious discussions.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:13 pm

I won't. But you're probably right.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Were you looking for something particular from HDM?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes, I was looking for a mod.

Mgalekgolofacepalm

Post by Mgalekgolofacepalm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm

...He means a specific mod...
He might have it on MGM.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 am

We asked and Sparky was nice enough to put the wiki back up temporarily. Please retrieve any files you may have lost. We do not know when it will go back down.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

^Time to put all the shit I want onto my harddrive, then. Happy that we got this chance, thanks a ton Modz.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Modzy wrote:We do not know when it will go back down.
I'm planning to leave it as-is without updates or improvements or redesigns, since I'm abandoning the use of MediaWiki software for projects like this. The BDCN (Blam! Developers Community Network) will take the place of HDM in the future, and the substantial content from HDM will be found on the BDCN site, but in a more integrated way with Zeus, which remains in the archives for additional development.

As for me, I would say that I no longer use the present tools for modding, and I have left the modding scene altogether. My work has been moving forward for a better future the entire time, but now it is done apart from the establishment (I don't discuss projects here as I did before, with such detail in plans and with such openness to discuss ideas, nor do I use tools like Eschaton, HEK, Pearl, or any other established tool anymore) since there is no benefit to doing so, even though I made several concerted efforts to find the benefits and present ideas... but they mostly fell on deaf ears in every Halo community, and all I got was arguments and rants against me. That is why HDM is now static to me, and why I really am no longer here, but elsewhere instead. I don't do mods anymore. What I do is things by myself, but I have a few unfinished topics here related to my work that nobody else can seem to appreciate here at MGM or in any other Halo community. So you folks can pick and choose who you decide to favor, as if this were a political campaign, but I want no part of that. So good luck and goodbye. I will ask questions but my activities will remain hidden from the Halo communities.

Maybe you are weighing this as a manifesto.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 pm

My previous reply was a bit dramatic. To summarize, HDM as it is now, a MediaWiki wiki site, will continue to be available until October 5th at least, in plan. So you could basically say that HDM will be up until at least October 5th, 2013. You have between now and that date to use the HDM wiki as you see fit. What happens to the data around that time is not something I would discuss, but there is a likelihood that it will be deleted. I have in mind to manually transfer some of the more significant information to the BDCN site before that date; if this occurs, I will disable the current HDM wiki in favor of the BDCN's version of the HDM wiki, for lack of a better phrase. The idea is to have the BDCN more useful and manageable than the present HDM wiki.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.