cdmg tags

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

cdmg tags

Post by 2310 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:30 am

Does anyone have a working cdmg tag I could use?

Context: We're trying to attach a cdmg tag to the low health heartbeat lsnd, to cause (some) health regen.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Re: cdmg tags

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm

A continuous damage effect? I never modified anything like that. Looks interesting.
Quick question:
Does the effect last forever, or does it have a specific end time?
Also I will try to look for one, for you.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

I remember that Sparky's tags had revealed this, but it was never referenced anywhere. Therefore the tag type is most likely nonfunctional.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri May 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Sparky's Plugins has information and an index for this tag type. I see no reason for this to not work.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

I just explained that, it's a tag type that's not referenced in any tag. It could or could not work, we won't know if it will unless you try. I highly doubt it'd be useful though. Just mess around with other weapons and such.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:I just explained that, it's a tag type that's not referenced in any tag. It could or could not work, we won't know if it will unless you try. I highly doubt it'd be useful though. Just mess around with other weapons and such.
He is probably correct, I do not know any tags that reference this type. However, you may be able to use a reference swapper and change the type to reference this tag. Not sure if it would work or not. That's be interesting.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri May 24, 2013 2:40 pm

2310, what do you specifically want? A continuous effect that regens the body? We may be able to do it by another way.
My guess is to make a damage effect (jpt!) that is referenced in an effect tag, then the effect has a duration bounds of however you like. Effect tag --> Reflexives --> Events --> Floats...

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm

The reason why I'm looking for a cdmg tag is because there's a slot for it in the lsnd:sound\sfx\ui\health_low_heart. (heartbeat sound) This might mean that if we had a cdmg tag, we could cause regen when health is low - maybe? Testing is the only way to know :) But if you have another idea for health regen that does not cause overhealth or instant full health, I'd like to hear it!

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm

2310 wrote:The reason why I'm looking for a cdmg tag is because there's a slot for it in the lsnd:sound\sfx\ui\health_low_heart. (heartbeat sound) This might mean that if we had a cdmg tag, we could cause regen when health is low - maybe? Testing is the only way to know :) But if you have another idea for health regen that does not cause overhealth or instant full health, I'd like to hear it!
I just said it:
rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:My guess is to make a damage effect (jpt!) that is referenced in an effect tag, then the effect has a duration bounds of however you like. Effect tag --> Reflexives --> Events --> Floats...
Change the duration bounds, and change damage of the effect to something low. Then change the damage modifier of Cyborg to -1.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm

You mean swap the cdmg with an effe? That failed :/ So does swapping it with a jpt!, despite the fact that they seem fairly similar. Also, the snd! referenced in the lsnd doesn't work if swapped with an effe, jpt!, itmc, or eqip.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat May 25, 2013 7:19 am

I just noticed that for HaloMD's Zombies Gametype, the zombies health regen, it is all script, so I am guessing that scripting will only work, unless you find a cdmg tag and it works.
Good luck.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah, memory mods can do this but I'm looking for something integrated into the map. Thanks for trying!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun May 26, 2013 12:28 am

http://www.halodemomods.com/sparkys_sec ... s/cdmg.zip
Your cdmg tag, sir, in Eschaton format as requested.
The cdmg tag is referenced within the lsnd tag format.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:59 am

Be sure you do the math on this one, it's quite easy to accidently supercharge a bipeds health beyond the meter limits.