Flood revival

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Darth Vader

Flood revival

Post by Darth Vader » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:47 am

Does anyone know the function/tag/whatever that controls the flood combat form's revival after being "killed"? Like the bit where they just get up and attack you again after you gun them down... How does the revival bit even work?
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

WaeV
Peon

Re: Flood revival

Post by WaeV » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:47 am

Huh, good question -- I never thought about that before. I might check the [coll] tag, since that contains a bipd's health values.

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Already tried before coming here to ask. Nothing there. looks the same as the cyborg....
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:18 pm

bipd : Bitmask32s : Unit.Flags : Unused = 1, Resists Pings = 1

bipd : Enum16s : Export to Functions.(one of A/B/C/D in) = Alive

bipd : Reflexives : Functions : (one of 1/2/3/4) : Floats : Period (seconds) = 1, Bounds: to = 1

bipd : Reflexives : Functions : (one of 1/2/3/4) : Enum16s : Scale Function By = B in

bipd : Reflexives : Functions : (one of 1/2/3/4) : String32s : Usage = "alivey life"

bipd : Floats : Unit.Feign Death Time = 2.5, Unit.Feign Death Chance = 0.4, Unit.Feign Repeat Chance = 0.25

You should also have two animations, for example in the "characters\floodcombat elite\floodcombat elite" antr tag when you scroll to the bottom and look at the Animations chunks section and you will see these two animations for Chunks 57 and 58 when using Eschaton's Scrolling View controls:

stand unarmed resurrect-back
stand unarmed resurrect-front

They are Base animations with Dx,Dy information.

In Eschaton, you can do stuff like add sounds to these events, but in order to change the animations themselves, you will presently need the Halo Editing Kit tools.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:02 pm

>Unit.Feign Death Chance = 0.4, Unit.Feign Repeat Chance = 0.25

So you could make floods get back up forever?! Holy crap, I didn't know! :0 That's interesting!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:54 am

So, would the revival work on multiplayer? That would open up some possibilities to mod ideas...

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 am

Darth Vader wrote:So, would the revival work on multiplayer? That would open up some possibilities to mod ideas...
It would work wherever you have the bipd tag.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:27 am

AI don't sync to begin with, though, so isn't revival syncing a moot point?

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 am

How would it even look like in first person? How would other players view it? So many questions, but i have no time to answer them on my own.........

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Ahem FloodGulch ahem. But yeah um it does work in multiplayer, it doesn't sync correctly but if you guys want we can test again.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 am

So, if revival did not sync, the lucky person would be invisible to the other players? Or is it just a dead body sliding on the ground magically shooting? That would be pretty cool.......

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

It may have synced. I'm not entirely sure. I believe it does actually sync, feel free to host the mod to test.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:33 am

I don't quite understand how AI's don't sync... AI's respond to their surroundings(maybe the seed of my misunderstanding). So, given the same scenario and timing; AI's should behave the same way and make the exact same decisions?

Einstein: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Yet AIs can do different actions from one another on a different computer given the same scenario?

Some one explain?

Ranger

Post by 002 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:12 am

This is because non-player bipeds don't sync. http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=18715

Clients will see an inert replica and not the real biped.