[HaloMD] In-game map downloader (WIP)

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

[HaloMD] In-game map downloader (WIP)

Post by 002 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:01 am

When you join a server that you don't have the map for, HaloMD downloads the map. When you join a server that you have the map for, but then the server changes maps to a map you don't have, you get left with an error, forcing you to exit Halo, download the map, then reenter the server. I'm working on a solution to that...

That's what it looks like (so far). Unfortunately, you guys can't test it yet, until nil rolls out the next version of HaloMD. It's fully functional, though.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: [HaloMD] In-game map downloader (WIP)

Post by Fonzeh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 am

mmmm. Tasty.

Gotta say though, wish we had this epicness back in the golden days. Oh well, no use in reminiscing.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Fonzeh wrote:mmmm. Tasty.

Gotta say though, wish we had this epicness back in the golden days. Oh well, no use in reminiscing.
It's now the golden days of playing mods at least, I assure you.

This should be in the next release of MD. I just need to look over 002's code some more.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:18 pm

I actually showed soome friends my zombie mod the other day. was quite nostalgic. id like to figure out why my new mac mini won't play halo with shiny shaders and won't go into true fullscreen or i might get back into it a tad more
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Ranger

Post by 002 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 am

Fonzeh wrote:I actually showed soome friends my zombie mod the other day. was quite nostalgic. id like to figure out why my new mac mini won't play halo with shiny shaders and won't go into true fullscreen or i might get back into it a tad more
Halo was apparently originally made for ATI graphics, though it seems to work just fine for NVIDIA as well. However, the Mac Mini has integrated Intel graphics. You'll experience tons of graphical defects if you try to play with shaders enabled including:
  • Missing scenery. This seems to be because there's a shader for something with an alpha that seems to be put on the wrong object.
  • Water looks like a broken TV.
  • Active Camouflage looks like a broken TV.
  • Fog won't render correctly, if it decides to render.
In fact, when 10.9 came out, we had to fix a bug that caused Halo to crash because graphics drivers were loaded in the region of memory where maps are loaded. This bug, of course, didn't seem to occur if you did not have any integrated graphics.

Oh, also, if you have Halo PC, shaders will work just fine.