Pearl

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Pyrhex.

Pearl

Post by Pyrhex. » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:58 pm

I can't seem to convert properly. Do I need special maps? My full maps aren't compatible with pearl.

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: Pearl

Post by Modzy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:58 am

Maps you should have in your full maps folder:

a10.map
a30.map
a50.map
b30.map
b40.map
beavercreek.map
bitmaps.map
bloodgulch.map
boardingaction.map
c10.map
c20.map
c40.map
carousel.map
chillout.map
d20.map
d40.map
damnation.map
dangercanyon.map
deathisland.map
gephyrophobia.map
hangemhigh.map
icefields.map
infinity.map
longest.map
prisoner.map
putput.map
ratrace.map
sidewinder.map
sounds.map
timberland.map
ui.map
wizard.map

7pointactual

Post by 7pointactual » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Im new to the modding community, do you know how to turn halo md into halo full? like get all of the campaign maps and such?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 am

7pointactual wrote:Im new to the modding community, do you know how to turn halo md into halo full? like get all of the campaign maps and such?
If you want to play or retrieve the campaign maps, I recommend obtaining Halo Full. How to obtain that I cannot help with. I recommend asking Google.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:39 pm

nil wrote:
7pointactual wrote:Im new to the modding community, do you know how to turn halo md into halo full? like get all of the campaign maps and such?
If you want to play or retrieve the campaign maps, I recommend obtaining Halo Full. How to obtain that I cannot help with. I recommend asking Google.
Even will all of the maps, the online multiplayer for the full version of Halo will not be accessible, because GameSpy uses different keys. However, the maps are playable using:

sv_map <map name> <gametype>

As nil said, you will need to obtain the full version to get its maps.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:55 am

Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I want some help with Pearl. I've been trying to convert some Custom Edition maps from Halomaps.org, I have all of the Full campaign levels and multiplayer levels, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:52 am

ItsMeAustin wrote:Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I want some help with Pearl. I've been trying to convert some Custom Edition maps from Halomaps.org, I have all of the Full campaign levels and multiplayer levels, is there something I'm doing wrong?
More details about whatever issue you're having would help. Also your system specs, as I have no idea how Pearl behaves on newer OS Xs.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Modzy wrote:
ItsMeAustin wrote:Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I want some help with Pearl. I've been trying to convert some Custom Edition maps from Halomaps.org, I have all of the Full campaign levels and multiplayer levels, is there something I'm doing wrong?
More details about whatever issue you're having would help. Also your system specs, as I have no idea how Pearl behaves on newer OS Xs.
Ok, here's my specs:

OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10.4

Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD 3000 288 MB

Anyway, whenever I try converting a map from CE, it works well up until the "meter" (don't know what else to call it) reaches the half way point and the conversion just fails. I also use a Macbook Air if that's relevant.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

What message does it give when it fails? What map are you converting?

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Also be sure that all the full version maps (including the stock bitmaps, ui, sound files) modified in 2003 are in your maps folder and you haven't moved anything accidentally to the Halo MD's Game Data maps folder or have a modifed bitmaps/sound/ui file not from 2003 in there. I have had problems in the past where I moved some full version maps from the Maps folder I use as the conversion point for Pearl 2 to Halo MD's maps folder and then Pearl 2's conversion subsequently failed as a result of me moving things around.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:24 pm

Ok, here's the .map files I have that say they weren't "Modified" in 2003:

b30 (Silent Cartographer)
bitmaps.map
Bloodgulch
sounds.map
ui.map

The map I've been trying to convert: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6394

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Oops I forgot, the errors simply read "Map error" and "Conversion Failed", and they're separate ones too (the "Map error" one shows up first).

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:45 am

HandofGod wrote:Also be sure that all the full version maps (including the stock bitmaps, ui, sound files) modified in 2003 are in your maps folder and you haven't moved anything accidentally to the Halo MD's Game Data maps folder or have a modifed bitmaps/sound/ui file not from 2003 in there. I have had problems in the past where I moved some full version maps from the Maps folder I use as the conversion point for Pearl 2 to Halo MD's maps folder and then Pearl 2's conversion subsequently failed as a result of me moving things around.
I'm getting a bit confused now, so if all of my stuff is in this folder, what am I supposed to do?

http://i.imgur.com/7Bl1i9c.jpg

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:14 pm

So what you need is two maps folders; one used for converting maps and the other is the maps folder for MD. In the folder for converting maps you need the map files from 2003. In ur MD maps folder you need bloodgulch.map, ui.map, bitmaps.map and sounds.map created in 2012. If you want to play the campaign you only need to move the campaign maps from 2003 into ur MD maps folder. If all else fails I have converted it for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w1tjv ... _1.map.zip

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:59 pm

ThePolice wrote:So what you need is two maps folders; one used for converting maps and the other is the maps folder for MD. In the folder for converting maps you need the map files from 2003. In ur MD maps folder you need bloodgulch.map, ui.map, bitmaps.map and sounds.map created in 2012. If you want to play the campaign you only need to move the campaign maps from 2003 into ur MD maps folder. If all else fails I have converted it for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w1tjv ... _1.map.zip
So, how exactly do I create a second folder for the 2003 maps? Also, I replaced my 2012 bloodgulch, ui, bitmaps and sounds.maps with 2003 ones as suggested by HandOfGod. I'm sorry if I've done anything wrong I'm just not very good at these things. :cry: Do you think you could PM me some kind of step-by-step process as well as replacement 2012 .map files as you mentioned? I also tested Huh What 3 which you converted, thanks alot.