Hostin issues

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

a mexican

Hostin issues

Post by a mexican » Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Whenever I try to create a server, my map loads ok and everything, but no one can see my server. I went through the troubleshooting menu when it said "hosting issues" on the lobby menu, but it did not help. I even had my friend log on and see if he could see my server, but he could not. This problem never happened a month ago, but now it does. I can join other servers no problem, just no one can join mine anymore. Any suggestions?

Darth Vader

Re: Hostin issues

Post by Darth Vader » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:59 am

You need to port forward(Open ports 2302 and 2303). This can be done through your router's settings. To get there, open your browser and enter in your router's IP address into the URL bar. You may find your router's IP address under system preferences>network. If you have port forwarded in the past, do it again. Your IP address changes sometimes so the assigned opened ports doesn't apply to your computer.
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

a mexican

Post by a mexican » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 pm

I have been trying that forever now but I can't seem to get it to work...I'm not sure how I'm supposed to input it

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Try installing the port mapper extension from the Extensions menu.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!