HaloMD and HaloPC

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

EatingRainbows

HaloMD and HaloPC

Post by EatingRainbows » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Hello, I have friends who play HaloMD on their mac, and i unfortunately do not have a Mac to play with them.
Is there any way I can play with them through a PC version of Halo? Is it free and are there any download links?

Thanks in Advance,
Jerry

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: HaloMD and HaloPC

Post by Modzy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:22 pm

You can join MD games via the direct IP option in Halo PC's multiplayer. Simply obtain the IP address that your friend is hosting his MD game from and direct IP into it.

However, if they are playing with a map not in Halo PC, you'll need to download the map and place it in your Halo PC maps folder.
A list of all MD maps can be found here: http://halomd.net/mods/

No need to change the name of these maps or swap out a map like you would with an old fashioned mod.
Simply join the MD game and Halo PC will load the new map.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:23 pm

So I'm currenty trying to make a server on halo MD and have my friends join on Halo PC. But for some reason they don't seem to be able to join. So far they've been able to direct connect to some of the other servers like the eternal sniper gulch.

I also have had people join my server no problem that have halo MD. I can see my server on the web lobby but not on the server list in the halo MD application which is kinda weird. Also I don't think I actually port forwarded since I'm on my school's network.

Any help is appreciated.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Nvm I figured it out. I guess I was telling my friends the wrong IP address.