tbagging on Sniper CTF

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Russac

tbagging on Sniper CTF

Post by Russac » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi,

Around a year ago, the mods removed the tbagging feature from sniper ctf, the feature that showed "Player X is tbagging player Y" on the screen to all the players whenever one player tbagged another. I can probably see why the mods decided to remove this feature, whether it was abused or whatnot to the detriment of players. However sniper ctf, arguably the best map on HaloMD, is generally composed of somewhat mature players who are intent upon playing rather than "trolling" or smack-talking. The tbag feature was a source of amusement and good fun between players, and if re-implemented would probably not be abused by the majority of players in an obnoxious manner. I know at least one good Halo player who has told me personally he doesn't play on sniper ctf anymore because the tbagging feature was removed. So my plea to the HaloMD mods is this-please, at least as a trial, enable tbagging again on the Sniper CTF map. If you think it's being abused by all means remove it, but at least give it a try, it was a source of hilarity for me and my friends and I think the general HaloMD community would agree with me. Thank you,

Russac

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: tbagging on Sniper CTF

Post by nil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:56 pm

First, not every server on the list one of ours. Eternal Halo isn't one of them, so we don't have control over what the host does with regards to issues like this.

By the way, technically sniper ctf is a game type or game variant, not a map (the map is blood gulch).

Anyway, It seems rather silly to me not to play because that feature is removed (this seems rather immature to me). On the other hand I can totally sympathize with those that wouldn't want to join because of it. It's also worthy to keep in mind that many MD players are young; plenty are female or some other gender.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Russac

Post by Russac » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm

First off,
If you guys don't have control over Eternal Halo-who does and how could I get in contact with them to discuss this issue?

Secondly the point I was making from my friend who doesn't play sniper ctf anymore because of this is that this was a very popular feature-other players enjoyed it as well, aside from my friend and I, and it was probably removed at the bequest of some butthurt and immature 12 year old who cried after getting killed and tbagged in the game. Such people probably shouldn't be playing a first person shooter to begin with if they can't take getting beaten. The more mature players, whom are the majority of the HaloMD players, don't take such trivial things personally and can gain amusement from the utilization of such a feature. I do understand some players are bullies but this shouldn't be the reason for punishing the players who aren't.

Finally simply because some players are female (yes I acknowledge this) that does not mean the playing experience of a large group of players should be altered to suit a small minority-and secondly how do you know female players do not also enjoy this feature? I know of at least one female player who used the tbag feature constantly and found great hilarity in it. So female players also enjoy tbagging in Halo-and the majority of players are male anyhow. Oh and also how does tbagging female players "degrade" them anymore than tbagging male players? No serious person actually takes this as a form of sexual humiliation-if someone thinks getting crouched over in a video game degrades them as a human being they probably have self esteem issues.

Overall nil although I sympathize somewhat with some of your concerns about tbagging in sniper ctf, I must say that such concerns are realistically not a huge issue and moreover shouldn't override the enjoyment of the vast majority of players who are not bullying other players on the servers, who are relatively mature, and who have done nothing wrong to merit being "punished" by the removal of the feature. I realize you don't have control over the issue but I would encourage you to consider what I've said and moreover to share this information if possible with the moderator of Eternal Halo. Best wishes,

Russac

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Due to how the host is broadcasting that server, not everyone in that server is on MD, and I don't particularly care much about the ones that aren't.

The majority of our players are young. I can only guess there is a good reason the feature was removed; however like I said before, I didn't make that decision, and I just don't really feel obliged to give assistance to you contacting them.

I honestly cannot believe how much of a big deal you are making this issue, and how you are trying to justify yourself with a big load of assumptions and privilege. Frankly, with how you present yourself, you are the type of person I don't want to be playing with.

P.S. My logs indicate that this person also requested this "feature", which doesn't particularly say anything good.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Russac

Post by Russac » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:48 am

Hi again,

You claim you "can't believe how much of a big deal" I'm making this-allow me to remind you that this is a video game we're talking about-none of it is really a "big deal" if you want to take a large perspective to begin with. I'm simply trying to ask that a feature that was popular-and you didn't deny it was popular with the majority of players-be reinstated for obvious and well laid out reasons.

Nil I'm trying to have a civil discussion with you but you resort to personal attacks and insults to try and de-legitimize my position instead of engaging and trying to work something out. Not very professional for a mod. Assumptions? Where did i make a claim without having reasons for what I was saying? Additionally you use the word "privilege" to describe my points-what does privilege have to do with it other than being a snarky attempt to put me down? Come on-you're better than this and you don't need to resort to low blows to have a discussion with someone as insignificant as myself.

Finally you make the claim I'm a player with a bad reputation from a previous post-even if that were true (which I'm not going to deny as you wouldn't believe me regardless of what I say)-that does not mean I'm wrong in anything else I said. Yes I've been immature in the past but that doesn't justify you blowing off my requests or concerns. Realize everyone is flawed and no one has a perfect track record in any aspect of their life.

I sincerely hope you reconsider your position and additionally I'd again humbly ask you to at least grant me the contact information of the Eternal Halo mod-if you are correct in your position that I'm an untrustworthy player and everything i said was wrong, this person will ignore me anyways-so what harm could it do?
Best wishes,

Russac

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:18 am

I don't feel like arguing and I don't feel like helping you. Let's just end it at that. Also, I had no idea that poster was you.

Russac

Post by Russac » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 pm

"I don't feel like arguing and I don't feel like helping you. Let's just end it at that." Truly the statement of someone who knows they're wrong and is unwilling to admit it and compromise. Way to go being professional Nil. I'm sure you'll get far in life with that attitude of ignoring other people's points and trying to make them feel bad about themselves rather than have a reasoned, logical discussion. I know you pretend not to care about this but the reality is you replied to my thread originally thinking you'd put me in my place quickly, and when I actually exposed your poor reasoning you got mad and pretended as though you didn't want to talk about it anymore.
If you don't feel like helping me or talking about it-this raises the question why did you try to answer my thread in the first place?

You're not coming off of this looking very good I must say...
Best wishes,

Russac

Sugarlumps Unlogged

Post by Sugarlumps Unlogged » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 am

Russac wrote:If you don't feel like helping me or talking about it-this raises the question why did you try to answer my thread in the first place?
Just a reminder that nil doesn't have any obligation to help you, especially with the way you're putting your points across.

(Delayed response but oh well).

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:50 pm

This isn't related to the topic, but just in case if you were wondering and came back here, you've just been banned from the chat room (again apparently) for inappropriate/offensive behavior that I have a low tolerance for there.