Converting CE maps to Demo

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

ThePolice

Converting CE maps to Demo

Post by ThePolice » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm

So I have Halo CE installed on my windows vm and I wanted to try to convert some of the maps to the demo format (not MD). I have pearl 1.2, 1.3, and 2 installed. So what steps do I need to take to convert the maps.
Thanks

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: Converting CE maps to Demo

Post by Modzy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 pm

1.2 is probably your best bet. It will convert CE to demo. 1.3 does the same thing as 1.2, it's just based on a different code base and may or may not function better/faster (but could corrupt the map in the end).

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:47 am

So I am having trouble. So I copied the CE maps to my mac side and I just put them in a maps folder on my desktop. So If I try to convert say timberland I set the maps folder as the full maps folder and pick timberland as the target. But when it is converting I get a nil object exception error. What am I doing wrong? Here is my maps folder:Image

Thanks

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Make sure the application is named "Pearl.app" and nothing else, otherwise it will crash. Also make sure these are the maps from the retail game and not the custom edition.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:23 pm

OK so those were the custom edition maps. So I replaced them with the full version maps and it worked. Thanks.