Spawn Camping

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Nash

Re: Spawn Camping

Post by Nash » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Sounds like you should just stick with Slayer if killing is your thing.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Many skilled players go for just killing/death ratio in CTF otherwise the game would be too boring for them... But this doesn't hold true in an actual competitive match where the primary challenge is actually capping, and players aren't drastically outclassed by others... Spawn killing is still a legitimate tactic in such matches but I don't see is as being as a problematic issue there.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Nash

Post by Nash » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:24 pm

In Slayer it’s generally kill or be killed, but I actually find that kind of boring. There are no real world tactics that can be employed unless it’s Team Slayer. In CTF you can use the principles of maneuvering, and the actual terrain to your advantage. Recon, counter-recon, air support, scouting, stealth, feints and more can be employed. Players can take on specific roles, where that’s not always possible in Slayer.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Bigass is insanely easy to kill spawn killers in if you know what you are doing, just hide in a corner or on the roof or in the vent and throw a mine in the doorway, wait for the spawn killer to walk in, then shoot the mine. Don't try to shoot the person, shoot a mine at their feet. It works every time.

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Good idea. Guess it depends on where you are. You have to get ride of two grenades first before you can use a mine. That’s not always easy if you spawn inside the base where the grenade can bounce back at you.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Nash wrote:Good idea. Guess it depends on where you are. You have to get ride of two grenades first before you can use a mine. That’s not always easy if you spawn inside the base where the grenade can bounce back at you.
You can press G on your keyboard to switch granade types.

Nash

Post by Nash » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks, That’ll make a difference.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:15 am

Just ask Atomical to add spawn time invincibility.