Online Behavior by some players

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

xdude

Re: Online Behavior by some players

Post by xdude » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 am

Sakon wrote:Oh please. And you are just hiding behind some random name. "xdude" is again someone I've never seen on HaloMD and I won't take you seriously until you reveal who you are and if I've played with you before. And this thread is another reason why this community will die sooner rather than later. We, the noobs that still play this ancient game, really should take time to set up scrims or servers that can foster a more competitive Halo experience rather than accept the mediocrity that is often present in players on atomical's servers and nil's Nullzone. I want to get better but noone seems to want to train/scrimmage anymore on here.
I use the name "x" on HaloMD ("X" isn't available to register). You haven't even bothered to register your name so kill the snobby responses.

I was playing against you on last week for 2 hours on Bloodgulch. You hide in caves and when you kill people you call them an "idiot"/"moron"/"shitty player" and when you die you use the same 3 excuses "I'm not trying"/"I'm eating"/"BG isn't my map". You're a tryhard in a 15 year old game that has people who use the trackpads on their MacBooks to play. Grow up.

I agree with nil. The fact is, HaloMD isn't a pro community, nor does it aspire to be one. From my experience, people play MD to kill a couple hours and have a good time. If you want to be more than casual, then install Windows via Boot Camp and play on PC servers. Join your scrim clans there; there's literally hundreds of servers.

I've been playing HaloMD sporadically (maybe once a month) since 2013 (even back in the PPC demo days) and every time I'm on, the 3 or 4 servers are full and there's new servers added. I see new faces all the time. That's pretty impressive and I don't think it will die anytime soon. Thanks to nil, modzy, 002, atomical, and all those guys for their hard work and time!

Sakon

Post by Sakon » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 am

xdude wrote:
Sakon wrote:Oh please. And you are just hiding behind some random name. "xdude" is again someone I've never seen on HaloMD and I won't take you seriously until you reveal who you are and if I've played with you before. And this thread is another reason why this community will die sooner rather than later. We, the noobs that still play this ancient game, really should take time to set up scrims or servers that can foster a more competitive Halo experience rather than accept the mediocrity that is often present in players on atomical's servers and nil's Nullzone. I want to get better but noone seems to want to train/scrimmage anymore on here.

I use the name "x" on HaloMD ("X" isn't available to register). You haven't even bothered to register your name so kill the snobby responses.

I was playing against you on last week for 2 hours on Bloodgulch. You hide in caves and when you kill people you call them an "idiot"/"moron"/"shitty player" and when you die you use the same 3 excuses "I'm not trying"/"I'm eating"/"BG isn't my map". You're a tryhard in a 15 year old game that has people who use the trackpads on their MacBooks to play. Grow up.

I agree with nil. The fact is, HaloMD isn't a pro community, nor does it aspire to be one. From my experience, people play MD to kill a couple hours and have a good time. If you want to be more than casual, then install Windows via Boot Camp and play on PC servers. Join your scrim clans there; there's literally hundreds of servers.

I've been playing HaloMD sporadically (maybe once a month) since 2013 (even back in the PPC demo days) and every time I'm on, the 3 or 4 servers are full and there's new servers added. I see new faces all the time. That's pretty impressive and I don't think it will die anytime soon. Thanks to nil, modzy, 002, atomical, and all those guys for their hard work and time!
Just because I take the game seriously on pubs and try to win shouldn't mean that I get lambasted by you for my tactics and gameplay. Overshield and caves are on BG and are used by people... so what? I don't spend all my time ingame in caves and do try to move around the map. And most of the time I get pissed off is because the awful language that comes up from certain people that never seem to get banned and then direct it at me, and people on my team that are incompetent and don't cover me/don't know how to play as a team. Trolls that are on my team and shoot me in the back and follow me around throwing nades at me are also frustrating too. Yes, I get annoyed on servers and say stuff that is stupid after being killed by "non-noobs" but I'm sure you do too sometimes. I'm naturally competitive and want to win. I won't ask anymore questions about you as I believe I know who you are so I'll leave it at that.

And maybe I will "install halo pc and join scrim clans" but I much rather just continue to enjoy myself with a free game that I don't need to order for $20 off amazon or the Microsoft store to play on an operating system I don't have easy access to anymore. But I do think poor server moderation is a problem on MD and no way to make games/dedicated servers easily that are geared towards people that don't use heavy weapons or vehicles is something I'm also not fond of.

You also say halo md isn't a pro geared community and that's correct but lack of enthusiasm for other mods besides bigass will eventually kill the community I predict. If bigass was removed from the servers for a few weeks, I'm sure people would mostly move on from Halo MD. BG isn't that great and while it is a classic it still won't hold the attention of the everyday Halo MD player if bigass isn't around. So if you have any ideas and new mod contributions to the community that we haven't heard of that would be great to share. #halo3/reach/4modsanyone?

Maybe I'll register and maybe I won't. I'll think about it ;)

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:05 pm

In a public game, people can play however they want within constraints of the gameplay, whether that means staying in a cave or using heavy weapons or vehicles etc.. If someone thinks there is an issue, it's more logical to blame the game variant / map rather than targeting specific player's actions. (Obviously, actions like intentional betraying/poking of teammates are not supposed to be done though).

On the note of "pro" players, they use heavy weapons (at least the rocket launcher) and vehicles (at least the warthog / ghosts). Going in a normal Slayer or CTF game on BG is really not bad for them from that perspective anyway, in comparison to some of the all heavy weaps / modded BG servers one may find on the full version.

Just fyi, you may be able to join the other PC (not CE) servers. Note that some of the servers on our lobby are actually broadcasted to the PC lobby (such as eternal sniper, maybe? atom's servers). Here is a tracker of ones using SAPP - to be honest, I have no clue if there are any good BG ones that aren't on our lobby, something you'll have to check for yourself. MD also allows adding custom servers from Game -> Show Favorites menu, and allows you to install all other full version maps if you have them on you and drop them in MD's Mods folder (Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder).

I think predictions about this game's death and how long it'll last have been pretty unpredictable and poor. This isn't the first time there were concerns about that anyway. BTW, MD was around for quite a bit before bigass, and the older halo demo mostly only had BG. I think It's great we have more mod variety now though.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Wickersham

Post by Wickersham » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Actually if You just download the maps (doesn't matter if they are for Mac or Windows) and store them in the halo md files, you'll be able to play into more servers (that use a more wide array of maps).... But that most of the servers use bg rather than other maps.... Talks about the resilence and staying power of that map......

Hey but really there are good shots inside HaloMD; and the people are friendly in general. We are all noobs <3!!

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Heh bloodgulch really is Halo's de_dust2 of Counter Strike fame.

coffee

jealous players

Post by coffee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 pm

jeepwrangler wrote:Just ignore it. It's that simple.
If an admin is online, they'll get banned.

I play against people like "coffee" and people like him complain about "lag" when they die and call you a noob if they kill you.

It's just immature people being insecure. That's all.
Hello, it's coffee, I also play as Chrome and Coffee. I like to make this game interesting. Therefore I come up with funny excuses that make most people laugh, but some of you don't like it and just complain. It all boils down to jealousy and hating on me. You won't play game with me and find someone who has more kills than me or a better KDR. Call me out if i'm losing or coming up with lame excuses. I play the game, I don't get the flag and I do not appreciate flag noobs at all. It is funny how mad people get when I play much better than them. No I don't hack either and I am the original coffee. thank you.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 am

Locking because above post is such an obvious trollbait. I will reiterate: you could be skilled at the game, but in the end it doesn't matter if you are bad at being pleasant to play with.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!