Hacking complaint

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

SovietSanta

Hacking complaint

Post by SovietSanta » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 am

Hi,

I play on several different servers, mostly Bigass final. A certain player called "Sergeant Dignam" often plays on that server as well. Recently, me and another player caught him cheating. We were suspciious when we noticed that he would quit, then rejoin two minutes later-he did this for 15 or so minutes, quitting and rejoining. We realized he was quitting and rejoining so that he could be on the same team as Developer, a really good player on the server. However I'm beginning to think there may have been even more to it. The other guy I was playing with said he believed Dignam was hacking. I'm not sure of the extent of whatever he was up to, but i'm pretty sure it is cheating and maybe even a bannable offense to quit and rejoin every few minutes just so you can be on the same team as your favorite player.
If I'm wrong about all this, fine. But I thought I'd let the mods know-whoever runs Bigass, Dignam is up to something and it deserves a fair investigation.
Happy Holidays,

SovietSanta

SGT. Dignam

Re: Hacking complaint

Post by SGT. Dignam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 am

SGT. Dignam here, I did indeed switch teams, though only to confirm that Developer had exploited a glitch in BIgass and taken the flag outside of the normal game boundaries, making it nearly impossible to reclaim. As to the extent of what I've been "up to" on Halo MD, I've only had several verbal clashes with Soviet Santa over the past month or so, as he takes particular umbrage to those who play capture the flag by actually capturing the flag.

Regards,
SGTDignam

SovietSanta

Post by SovietSanta » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:18 am

Nice story Dignam. But your accusations against Developer are completely groundless and you haven't explained how it's possible for a player to take the flag out of the map boundaries-this isn't likely at all.
Also, it's your word against his. But in my accusations against you, it's not just me. Coffee, (might be a different player from coffee lower case c), also agrees with me that you're up to something fishy. He's accused you of hacking before and now I am too. Samuco quits and rejoins to test mods on the server. He can do that because he's an admin. But your quitting and rejoining looks awful suspicious given that you're not an admin and you're not supposed to be able to explore aspects of the game that only admins should have access to.
Until you have someone else to back up your claims that Developer "exploited a glitch"-and right now it just sounds like he's getting the best of you and you're bitter about it-I suggest you offer a better explanation for your conduct.

SGT. Dignam

Post by SGT. Dignam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:19 pm

I've seen people exploiting this same glitch many times before. The method I've witnessed involves two players. One stands at a certain point on the edge of the map, while the other drives a vehicle into them, causing the standing player to be forced through beyond the invisible barrier into the artificial treeline surrounding the map, where they are safe from all ground attacks, and are only killable by a Falcon flying right up to the edge of the barrier.

During last night's game, Developer's first time taking the flag outside of the map occurred before Soviet joined the server, hence the discrepancies between our respective reports. As I suspect Coffee may have assisted Developer in this action (since he repeatedly attempted to sabotage attempts at flag capture beforehand) it doesn't surprise me at all that Coffee would accuse me of wrongdoing to divert attention away from himself. As far as I know Soviet was not involved in these actions, and I have no ill will towards him, beyond confusion regarding the personal grudge he has held against me for some time, which I have mostly ignored up to this point.

Above all, there are no leaderboards or achievements or cash prizes to be gained from hacking Halo MD, so I have no motives to do so, even if I possessed the ability to do so. It's a video game, not "The Matrix". Let's be adults please.

Nash

Post by Nash » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 am

I have no say in who is and who isn’t hacking, but what SGT. Dignam said is true because it once happened to me. While playing on the Blue team on Bigass I was near the Blue side’s tank area when another Blue player in a tank began fired at me.

I get this from time to time. Players, who for one reason or another, attack the guy on their team with the flag because they don’t understand why they won’t score (I couldn’t in my case because the other team had our flag), or some do it because, well they 're just assholes.

Whichever, the guy in the tank fired at me knocking me against the back edge barrier of the game map. At that point I was knocked through the barrier and wasn’t able to get out. Others Blue and Red team members were unable to shoot me, but at that same time I couldn’t return to my base to score when our flag was returned. I ended up quitting and rejoining so the flag could be returned, and just filed the experience as a glitch in the system. This is the first time I’ve heard of anyone trying to exploit it.

jeepwrangler

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:05 am

First, SovietSanta is a troll. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Second, Atomical runs the BigAss server you're talking about and you should talk to him about it.

Third, Sgt Dignam doesn't cheat. I was playing against him tonight, there's nothing out of the ordinary about how he plays.

Come to think of it, I've never seen cheaters on MD, except on Eternal, but then again there are no public hacks for Halo Mac.

Developer

not hacking?

Post by Developer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Dignam i'm not hacking. many people know of the little glitch and it is your fault you havn't found it out yet. No need to take the game as serious as you are. Just have fun and come up with ways that you can kill me. Also, even though it is capture the flag, most of us like to play without the game ending and resetting within less than a 10 minute time frame.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: not hacking?

Post by nil » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Developer wrote:Dignam i'm not hacking. many people know of the little glitch and it is your fault you havn't found it out yet. No need to take the game as serious as you are. Just have fun and come up with ways that you can kill me. Also, even though it is capture the flag, most of us like to play without the game ending and resetting within less than a 10 minute time frame.
I don't know what you are trying to accomplish by making this post, other than causing needless flaming.

This entire thread was created for accusing Dignam of hacking. Yet you are being defensive and I don't even know why you are asserting you are not hacking, because nobody said you were, only that you were exploiting a glitch which you admit to.
it is your fault you havn't found it out yet. No need to take the game as serious as you are
You tell someone not to take the game seriously but then tell them it's their fault they haven't found out about an exploit?

And I don't even know how the rest of your post is relevant to the thread.

The original poster of this thread, is indeed a troll, and has been banned a while ago (for reasons outside of this thread). This topic has been resolved a while ago too, and isn't that relevant here either.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!