Help on setting up dedicated servers for Halo MD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

RafifGuy

Help on setting up dedicated servers for Halo MD

Post by RafifGuy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:06 am

Hello guys, i'm new here and i'm interested on making my own dedicated server for Halo MD.
I followed the instruction to use the Halo MD Server application and i disable the auto update for sapp to prevent the MD server application to crash and allowing the sapp to load, but when it's finished it's progress to start the server (i know this because the command says that "Dedicated server is running on map bloodgulch (0/16 players) Use the 'sv_end_game' command to stop the game) The server that i just created doesn't show up on the lobby servers. If you guys could help, please send me clear instruction on how to start a dedicated server probably.

I'm running on Macbook Air, version 10.9.5 with 4 GB memory ram.

P.S Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors.
A newbie on this site, and a fan of Halo.

DrakeWasHere

Re: Help on setting up dedicated servers for Halo MD

Post by DrakeWasHere » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:26 am

Make sure you have

Code: Select all

dns halo.macgamingmods.com
in your SAPP init.txt file

This is different from the haloded init file.
You can find your SAPP init under $PATH/sapp/init.txt
$PATH being where you have your sapp path set

If that doesn't work, you may need to change NAT settings on your router or set up port forwarding.

jealous1979

Re: Help on setting up dedicated servers for Halo MD

Post by jealous1979 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 am

I am running a server using sapp on windows from www.elitegameservers.net. I can get my server to show up on the gamespy lobby list and only pc players can join. I found this article about making a server show up on the HaloMD list using the code dns halo.macgamingmods.com . When I enter this code my server no longer shows up on the gamespy lobby list for pc players to join. How can I make it compatible for both pc and mac players to see and join my server? Anyone with the correct answer would be greatly appreciated.