Petitioning against abusive Admins

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

STARBOY

Petitioning against abusive Admins

Post by STARBOY » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I'd like to request a feature in HaloMD that allows players to petition/flag against power abusive admins. Too often admins find themselves exercising banning/kicking out users from a game at whatever whim they fancy without any reasoning or logic to their actions, thus ruining the game and the ability to be competitive. I would like to for there to be a feature within the game that can give a player an opportunity to flag abusive Admins, for them to then be penalized with a loss of admin privileges and/or to be completely banned from the game entirely. Please let me know a way we can achieve this, as there is a strong imbalance here that makes the gaming experience horrible for players not allowing for their voices to be heard.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Petitioning against abusive Admins

Post by nil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm

HaloMD can't change anything by itself. This would have to be added on a server-by-server basis. Basically only the admins that have the power to kick people from their servers would have the power to add such a flag feature.

I don't want to speak for all server admins, but my feeling is that they don't like bad behavior.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:56 pm

I get the sentiment. I've been banned for ridiculous reasons before (Like when an server admin decided he wanted us all to play bumper cars in the middle of a CTF game and booted anyone who didn't play along). Unfortunately, no one but the owners control the individual servers. They've spent the money to host these games, so they can technically do whatever they want. Normally abusive admins will lead to a dead server, though.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 am

I recommend communicating with the rest of the MD community if you have any grievances towards a particular server, or to contact the owner of the server if possible. Servers are, for the most part, unregulated, and they are free to hire their own moderators, even if these moderators are complete dicks.

If you want to, make your own server with your own rules and moderators that you see fit. Healthy competition can benefit everyone.

Cesium

Post by Cesium » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 pm

You could always mention what the offending admin did here and start a dialogue.