Running HaloMD in Windows

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Pepe4SocialJustice

Running HaloMD in Windows

Post by Pepe4SocialJustice » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi,

I know this is probably a noob question but here goes...I have Windows 7 on one of my computers, can I run HaloMD on this? I know some PCers play on SniperGulch, so I'm assuming there's a way to run MD on Windows in some capacity-do I need to download Halo on Steam first, and if so, what version of Halo do I need to buy in order to access the MD servers?
Thanks a lot-appreciate any and all help!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Running HaloMD in Windows

Post by nil » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:51 am

Pepe4SocialJustice wrote:Hi,

I know this is probably a noob question but here goes...I have Windows 7 on one of my computers, can I run HaloMD on this? I know some PCers play on SniperGulch, so I'm assuming there's a way to run MD on Windows in some capacity-do I need to download Halo on Steam first, and if so, what version of Halo do I need to buy in order to access the MD servers?
Thanks a lot-appreciate any and all help!
See http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=20853

Halo is not available on Steam, would have to purchase or obtain it elsewhere. There are some mods that may not be compatible across MD and PC but it's a very small overlap and you may not notice it. We have an online version of the lobby.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Pepe4SocialJustice

Post by Pepe4SocialJustice » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 am

Ok, thanks for responding.
Just one more quick question: is Bigass Final one of the servers I won't be able to access from Windows? I ask because that's one of my favorite servers and I want to make sure if I purchase Halo the game that I'll have access to my favorite servers-will I be able to play all the Blood Gulches as well?
Thanks, appreciate the help.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:54 am

Pepe4SocialJustice wrote:Ok, thanks for responding.
Just one more quick question: is Bigass Final one of the servers I won't be able to access from Windows? I ask because that's one of my favorite servers and I want to make sure if I purchase Halo the game that I'll have access to my favorite servers-will I be able to play all the Blood Gulches as well?
Thanks, appreciate the help.
It should work. It's only the special versions (that aren't used anymore as far as I know) with like the leaderboards and upgrades that may not work. Blood gulch will definitely work.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!