Can't join servers or start game (Sierra???)

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

SteelVelocity

Can't join servers or start game (Sierra???)

Post by SteelVelocity » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 pm

I haven't tried to play in a while, but I did install Sierra a couple months back, and now I can't play the game. I can start the server browser and chat with other people, but I cannot start or join a game. The thing flickers then ... nothing. Nothing happens. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Can't join servers or start game (Sierra???)

Post by nil » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 am

SteelVelocity wrote:I haven't tried to play in a while, but I did install Sierra a couple months back, and now I can't play the game. I can start the server browser and chat with other people, but I cannot start or join a game. The thing flickers then ... nothing. Nothing happens. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
First I've heard of this issue. You can try rebooting your Mac. Or after the issue occurs, open up the Console application (search for it using Spotlight), search for Halo in the search field, and if anything related or interesting pops up, paste the contents here so we can try to troubleshoot it. Also, what kind of Mac do you own? (Apple menu - About this Mac will be able to answer that).

Edit:

Also make sure you've the latest HaloMD version from the website (which is 1.0.1 (1093) if you check in HaloMD menu -> About HaloMD from the lobby application)

If you want to try reinstalling some of the HaloMD data: within Finder, if you navigate to Go menu -> Go to Folder... and paste ~/Library/Application Support/HaloMD in there, you can try moving that folder to the trash, then relaunch HaloMD lobby application and see if anything improves.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Helluva

Post by Helluva » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:43 pm

I've found some success in disabling the Halo+ from the add-ons to prevent some odd crashes, maybe this helps your particular situation.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Ah yeah. I should have mentioned disabling extensions. Good tip.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!