The Memoirs of a Modder

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rebelj12a
Operative

The Memoirs of a Modder

Post by rebelj12a » Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 pm

This post i originally wrote for So Sad... A Tribute to the old Days, but i decided to post it as a regular topic... since i am pretty sure not many are going to read it anyways...

Prelude

Wow its been a while indeed... i joined around this time last year... either that or a bit later... since then my avatar has long since faded away and so has the "magic" that many of you have talked about...

From Me

Its interesting cause i was never a huge influence... i started after most of the giants did... taught in secret by Titan, (at least he said he shouldnt be tellin me stuff) regardless i earned my place in the dev forum after several weeks... a milestone in my modding career that opened the door into the world...

posting around there is one of those things you never forget... knowing you could never beat sword... or take the place of Deox... watching mods come and go, so innovative... bested by the next.. The Energy Sword Mod, My favorite... came and died.... noobish mods that despite your best efforts... you still found it kinda fun to blow away people without the mod and other players with discrimination....

For me, i never made the big mods... never made a popular one either...
Never even made one i felt was ever worth releasing... That time in my life i was just startin to work at radio shack... just moved back home after a rocky semester in college.... just started so many things, including halo...

Macgaming Mods

The people ive met and the mods ive seen,
Monoman - it always felt to me like you were always older... you were the keeper of the forums... the first great that i met... after that i met
Beast - the great trickster what i remember are many a server with nades and no damage.. you and your tricks and your amazing sniping ability,
Titan - always seemed so solemn very serious.. a hardcore modder that doesnt like to mess around
SI - the great modder a whole different level and kind of mod compared to sword and deox,
Pavi - a comrade and a friend,
Shadow - the elite... when your avatar was added on i was amazed... it looked so great,
Demon - the scary one lol - keepin your posts at 666
The Great innovators, bunny, Sword, Deox.... and afterwards came more greats, Syperium, Trinity, Yummy...and all the noobs who never searched the forums... Macgamingmods Treated me good... i got good mods, great ideas... but it was never enough for me to make the mod i wanted to... so i watched... and i waited... and i played..

So many mods, Forest Mod, Wall of Gulch, Deep Space, the Coveted Pelican, The Island

The chapter in my halo modding career that concerns Macgaming Mods, Ended shortly after Sleeping Insomniac.com opened its new site... i still visited yes, but the home i found in modding was Sleeping Insomniac.com

This Memoir is for Sleeping Insomniac.com

When the site first opened, again i was a newcomer... it had been open a little while and i didnt check it very often... but i was intrigued by its money system, the way you could post and make money to buy mods or skins or other such goods... The Spammart and other such stores always intrigued me... I owe my beginning to Macgaming Mods... but i had the most fun at Sleeping Insomniac.com

Mods being released, Spam flying in Josh's Area... Shadow's Iron hand as an Admin... all is to be missed... everyone always waited for apoc gulch.. that was a big topic that still has yet to be finished entirely... fun times, topics such as The Scary Truth of What we look like... A glimpse at the faces of the modders your so used to seeing online...

Another Favorite Memory of mine was trying to find the person who spammed and leaked the bet of apoc gulch... the lockdown, the monetary system change... meanwhile trying to find the real face behind the leak...
such fun, even though it really amounted to nothing... the unity i felt when we all tried to find out who it was really shows how much of a community we really were...

Si's insane Server mod... the level i recieved that i felt most privileged to attain... the special mod that had so much fun and memories attached to it... the slide of doom, the teleportals... and the grav gun (still my fav version of it)

As with all good things, time has passed things have changed...

and so a good while ago... SleepingInsomniac.com came to a close

Looking back on the time, i cant say that i regret any of it... i never finished my mod... i was nevera GREAT like sword or whatnot... i didnt start any sites, i didnt amaze any people... i never finished my mod what i did, was make friends... have fun... play... and dream of what is to come...

At just about the end of it all, almost a full year from when i started... it is appropriate to be sad yes... an era has passed... the new has become relics... but i entreat you not to view this in depression... but realize that everything comes to an end, everyone moves on and everything changes... espcially in this world where exponentially technology is advancing so fast that we will eventually have computers doubling their speed within a year... in the world we live in, we are here to witness it, expierience it... tell others of it and seek the next stage, and do it all over again... Halo Demo Modding may be slowly dying... but there will always be games, there will always be modders... and there will always be friends...the golden days of halo demo modding may be over... but there is always hope for the future...

END
Some live some die, in the way of the samurai...

spida
SEAL

Post by spida » Mon May 07, 2007 8:48 pm

I bow down to you. I respect all of what you just wrote, and I think it is so true. Halo was fun to mod, I had tons of fun, even though I never made any sites, or made any mods that were released. But, I also made some friends in halo. I made two friends that i talk to every night now, and are really cool, but live in hawaii and texas, while im in Sacramento, California. I also met a friend, who also lives in California, and it turned out we both bike in races, and happen to be doing a lot of the same races, even though he races mountain, and i race road.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Mon May 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Ah rebel, I miss you man. Let's gather everyone up sometime and enjoy a good ol' game of Energy Swords. :)

As for modding dying, YOU CRAZY, NIG!!!! I NEVA DIE!!!

viewtopic.php?t=2233

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 am

Wow...it's all so true. I respect you for writing this as everything in it is completely true. It truly is a shame that no one posts in SI's forum anymore...

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Tue May 08, 2007 6:44 pm

I agree totally. Cya rebel.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 pm

He's not going I don't think. Where did he say that?

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Tue May 08, 2007 10:17 pm

IN YOUR MOTHER'S *****!!! AH-HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Why's everyone making this such a big deal? I respect what your sayin, but I think people are just busy with school and stuff. Come summer I expect the noobs will come and there will be a greater demand for mods and more time to make mods or learn how to mod. Halo demo modding isn't dead yet, just resting up.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Wed May 09, 2007 10:29 pm

He's right. It's cause of the school year. Just wait until summer. Oh man, I'm raping every final exam I have. Because I am a beast.

rebelj12a
Operative

Post by rebelj12a » Thu May 10, 2007 7:33 am

:shock: that was indeed the raciest set of words ive ever heard applied to a final exam.... o.O

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Thu May 10, 2007 10:55 am

Edit: lol ok my bad
Last edited by zapconquest on Fri May 11, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebelj12a
Operative

Post by rebelj12a » Thu May 10, 2007 1:27 pm

brush up on your english dude... a racy word is a term used for a sexually explicit use of words that may be deemed by most as mentally dirty or inappropriate to some

in reference to my statement

"that was indeed the raciest set of words ive ever heard applied to a final exam"

i was referring to Beasts description of raping the final exam because he's a beast a racy, because the mental image implied in that statement is quite sexual and very explicit along with carrying alot of raw emotion and thought... therefore a proper analysis of the word used in the preceding statement describes quite well beasts prior statement... and also has nothing to do with your definition and statement of the word race...

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 pm

I think zapconquest thought you wrote racist.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri May 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Oh my. Maybe next time I'll think about my word choice more thoroughly... :roll:

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:47 pm

And yet, despite all this, I still say:

Ahhh... The good ol' days! Remember this?

And yes, I agree... Some modding is coming to a close... HDMods, SI's Forums (just the forums. his games section has found new revial cause it has blocked games available during school :P ), even here. But not so much here. And you know what? I have the ideas, but not the enthusiasm. If only I had the skill I have now back then, when I cranked out mods for the fun of it, experimenting with the strangest of things, just to see what I could do. And now, Ive accomplished some strange and cool stuff, but I cant finish it (mostly cause my sparkified map and Sparkedit dissapeared from my flash drive >_< ). Ill get it done eventually...

BTW, Shadow. Did you get the "latest" version before I left for a while?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-i74UiPyyk

.... God my computer sucks at filming. :?