Improvements to Bigass Final Urban Warfare Mod

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

yourself

Improvements to Bigass Final Urban Warfare Mod

Post by yourself » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Urban Warfare, a mod created by atomical, is Bigass Final with 1 team spawning on the top floor of midhouse and 1 team spawning close to the tunnel with the room in it. The spawns were moved via Lua. Also, the health has been lowered and there is no shield. I think it has a lot of potential as a fast paced map in which team communication and execution is very important. I first thought of a similar mod 2 years ago and tried to make a mod similar to this a year ago, but I could not do so with Archon's limitations and my lack of Lua knowledge. However, I have thought a lot about what whould make the mod the best it could be during that time. I would like to list some improvements that could be made to the gametype, because it would be too hard to communicate all of this to atomical in game and I would like some members of the community to comment on the viability of these suggestions and possible ways they could be implemented. Thanks.

1 flag location in the top floor of the midhouse. 1 flag location in the room inside the tunnel.
The team inside the midhouse is always on defense and cannot cap a flag. The team spawning outside the midhouse is always on offense and trying to steal the flag from inside the midhouse and return it to the flag in the tunnel.

Teams switch offense and defense and therefore spawn locations after a set time amount (5 minutes?) or when a team caps a flag. If first offense team scores, The other team must cap the flag in less time than the 1st team or they lose. If first offense team doesn't cap a flag in time period, than after that the teams switch offense and defense at the time intervals until a team scores and therefore wins.

Add more rocks as cover between the midhouse and tunnel (esp closer to offensive team's spawn and at the sides of the midhouse)

Fix wall spawn glitch for blue team

I know many of these proposals are very ambitious and may even be impossible. I just wanted to communicate ways in which the mod could be improved. Thanks for all of those who have or will contribute to this mod.

- [Ace]Polar

jeepwrangler

Re: Improvements to Bigass Final Urban Warfare Mod

Post by jeepwrangler » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:10 am

Or how about just spawn at bases with no shields? Speeds up the pace of the game.

EDIT: FIXED NOW THNX BAI