Kayar's mod-beta

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Kayar
Delta Force

Kayar's mod-beta

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:28 am

Hey, so guess what? After a million people prodded me to try and mod, I finally made one that worked. It's not that great, obviously, since it's my first, but it's not bad. Makes you look all glassy-like, melee is more powerful, and the machine gun hog is purple. Plas nades also do no damage. Might be other changes, I didn't really keep track of what I changed. This is just the beta, I'll add more to it later, but tell me what you think.
http://hosted.filefront.com/Kayar/
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:21 am

We could use a few screenshots... sounds fun for a first-timer, did you use eschaton or hex?
Image Xpro + 3D texture

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Ack... I tried to upload a few pics to filefront, but it wouldn't work. I used hex and HMT. Working on an alpha version with more changes, I'll upload it soon, it's already almost ready. Hm... maybe I'm not putting enough detail on these or something, but I always thought it took longer to make these things... *shrug*.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:01 pm

Two great places to upload images are Photobucket and ImageShack. I prefer bucket, but you have to register.
Image Xpro + 3D texture

Kayar
Delta Force

Eclipse_Cannon_Alpha

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:33 pm

I just uploaded the full, complete version. Its use of the sun's flare is a bit sketchy, makes the sun into an annoyingly large square. But to compensate, the sniper now shoots the flare, not in as cool a way I would have hoped but it does still look sick. I know it's been done before, but I couldn't resist having the sniper also shoot tank rounds for damage. The flame also has been modified. I'll find a good site and post some pics as soon as I can.

Edit: Oh forget it! I can't get any of these places to work for me. You'll just have to see it for yourself... *grumble grumble* lousy webhosting crap...
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:55 pm

Kayar wrote:Hm... maybe I'm not putting enough detail on these or something
It isn't always about detail, it's about what you think is right for your mod. Why do we have Gold Plated when you can have Gold? Because sometimes Gold plated is just better.

Mods don't have to be stellar, other people don't even have to like it, just do what you think makes a good mod for you.

Then the quality is for you to decide :).

--Moxus--
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Different appearance:
Sun Glare:
When you restart you see this:
Solar Eclipse Rifle:
(contrail and scope screen look much cooler in motion)
Shotgun, pistol, assault rifle bullet decals look like this:
Flames must be experienced to appreciate true awesomeness. Here's a screenshot anyway:

Cool mod kayar. I have no idea how you did a lot of those things. Why do the plasma nades do no damage?

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:38 pm

Lol, awesome screenshots, zap. thnx. The plas nades, actually, I swapped their damage for something, meant to make them more powerful, but it somehow didn't, don't know why. I never use them anyway. That tree... you must be using shaders, unfortunately I can't with the computer I have so everything I see is a lot less detailed. That tree is actually swapped with some part of the camoflauge pickup. Most of the other stuff I just experimented. The sniper has the skin of one of the lens flares, and as I said shoots another of the lens flare bitmaps. Its display, if you noticed, is the bitmap tagged "scenery/ring" or something along those lines. I swapped that for the display on the snipe, which is why you see the green in the sky. The sun is all squarish because of the sniper thing. That's about it... Oh, the flamethrower. well, I dunno if I want to reveal ALL of my secrets, but... check out the cheeseballs...er, bullet casings, that fall out when you use the purple warthog's turret! Man, I officially love modding... can't wait to do more.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot the purple hog and the way you look... lol, sorry, I'm forgetful... let's see... the purple hog was swapped for something obviously but I forget what it was, just search around in your bitmaps for something purple (or if you're viewing the mod in HTM, look for what was swapped and it'll be the hog...). The awesome color of your cyborg is from swapping with the elite character bitmap, and the hands are also swapped for a few things non-human as well. Wow, just remembered another thing: the decals of the bullets are supposed to be the blood splattering from a hunter, so stated the bitmap I swapped it with, but it didn't work. I went for an effect like paintball mode in 007 goldeneye for N64 (remember that game? So many good memories). I kinda fell short though... okay, pretty sure that's it, I need to keep track of my changes better next time.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Wow...I think I'd better start doing some more experimenting with stuff. Thanks for the huge explanation :)

TheSlothist
SEAL

Post by TheSlothist » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:06 pm

Kayar wrote:Lol, awesome screenshots, zap. thnx. The plas nades, actually, I swapped their damage for something, meant to make them more powerful, but it somehow didn't, don't know why. I never use them anyway. That tree... you must be using shaders, unfortunately I can't with the computer I have so everything I see is a lot less detailed. That tree is actually swapped with some part of the camoflauge pickup. Most of the other stuff I just experimented. The sniper has the skin of one of the lens flares, and as I said shoots another of the lens flare bitmaps. Its display, if you noticed, is the bitmap tagged "scenery/ring" or something along those lines. I swapped that for the display on the snipe, which is why you see the green in the sky. The sun is all squarish because of the sniper thing. That's about it... Oh, the flamethrower. well, I dunno if I want to reveal ALL of my secrets, but... check out the cheeseballs...er, bullet casings, that fall out when you use the purple warthog's turret! Man, I officially love modding... can't wait to do more.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot the purple hog and the way you look... lol, sorry, I'm forgetful... let's see... the purple hog was swapped for something obviously but I forget what it was, just search around in your bitmaps for something purple (or if you're viewing the mod in HTM, look for what was swapped and it'll be the hog...). The awesome color of your cyborg is from swapping with the elite character bitmap, and the hands are also swapped for a few things non-human as well. Wow, just remembered another thing: the decals of the bullets are supposed to be the blood splattering from a hunter, so stated the bitmap I swapped it with, but it didn't work. I went for an effect like paintball mode in 007 goldeneye for N64 (remember that game? So many good memories). I kinda fell short though... okay, pretty sure that's it, I need to keep track of my changes better next time.
A newb (no offense), that can type a whole sentence : D my life is complete!
:notworthy:
OMFG THE INTERNET IS SO SRS.

Jello!
Ranger

Post by Jello! » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:41 am

Lol. The hand looks like it's stone. :D

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:00 am

Real Dry Canadian wrote:
Kayar wrote:Lol, awesome screenshots, zap. thnx. The plas nades, actually, I swapped their damage for something, meant to make them more powerful, but it somehow didn't, don't know why. I never use them anyway. That tree... you must be using shaders, unfortunately I can't with the computer I have so everything I see is a lot less detailed. That tree is actually swapped with some part of the camoflauge pickup. Most of the other stuff I just experimented. The sniper has the skin of one of the lens flares, and as I said shoots another of the lens flare bitmaps. Its display, if you noticed, is the bitmap tagged "scenery/ring" or something along those lines. I swapped that for the display on the snipe, which is why you see the green in the sky. The sun is all squarish because of the sniper thing. That's about it... Oh, the flamethrower. well, I dunno if I want to reveal ALL of my secrets, but... check out the cheeseballs...er, bullet casings, that fall out when you use the purple warthog's turret! Man, I officially love modding... can't wait to do more.

A newb (no offense), that can type a whole sentence : D my life is complete!
:notworthy:
Lol, oh please. I'm only a newb at modding, and besides, I'm a writer anyway (well, working on a book, obviously not finished but... *shrugs*).
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 am

Whoa... how old r u?
Image Xpro + 3D texture

x1MCMAXx
Veteran
Location: Keeping an eye over the forums... making sure that they let the dynasty live on.

Post by x1MCMAXx » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:06 am

All that I have to say is I want a copy of your book. Keep up the sick work!
The 1MCMAX... http://www.MoBDeep.net

\ >_< /

GT: MoB iZ Dynasty

Kayar who isn't logged in

Post by Kayar who isn't logged in » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Eh, my book isn't so great, I'm only on like, chapter 2 or something. If you really want to, you can see it at legendofzelda.com (it isn't a fanfiction) in the forums, scribes of hyrule section. As for my age, I'm 15, going to be 16 on september 13. I'm not going to be on halo or making any mods for a few days, I'm at a family reunion. Didn't bring my computer, I'm typing this on my wii right now.